Start 60 weird icon interruption

TomTom Model(s)
Start 60
I have a new Start 60 which I have only used a couple of times but have noticed something strange.

Occasionally during use the screen will stop displaying the map and just shows a blank screen with an icon of a TomTom device with a dotted circle in the middle.
It remains on the screen for about 5-10 seconds.

I'm guessing that the processor is too busy doing other things to display the map and can't cope?

I've already hooked it up to my computer to give it a full update.

Should I sent back to Amazon for an exchange?

Thanks all.

Welcome to TTF. What you describe certainly isn't normal functionality. I would consider the exchange.

I have a new Start 60 which I have only used a couple of times but have noticed something strange.

Occasionally during use the screen will stop displaying the map and just shows a blank screen with an icon of a TomTom device with a dotted circle in the middle.
It remains on the screen for about 5-10 seconds.
What you are experiencing is known as a "WebKit reboot". Imagine that your Start 60 has as one of its components a web browser of sorts that is used to create your display and take your screen press inputs. That is the "WebKit".

Your entire device is not rebooting, but the 'browser' is, and when it completes the reboot, it takes you back to where you were at the time of the reboot. In other words, it should not happen, but at least it is 'graceful' in its behavior when this happens.

TomTom is aware of this problem and is working on it and has assigned it a very high priority - as they do with any kind of crash/reboot situation. We find that the Start 60 (aka Via 1605) is prone to this bug.

Welcome to TTF. What you describe certainly isn't normal functionality. I would consider the exchange.
No point. It's a 'feature' of the Start60 / Via1605 at the moment (personal experience). CBUNAV3-1903.

Ask a Question