website and server problems?

TomTom Model(s)
XXL
So far I am very disappointed with the purchase of my new XXL. I have been fighting the set up all afternoon getting nothing but error messages about server problems. been trying since 2 pm today to set up my new XXL. Is this a regular occurrence with TomTom? I cant even go to their website and keep getting Error 503 service unavailable. this is also one of the other server errors I keep getting. RROR: 2152398862/#https://home.tomtom.com/account/login: Error from server: The connection to the TomTom server timed out.
The connection to the TomTom server timed out.
Error code: 2152398862 (NS_ERROR_NET_TIMEOUT)
URL: https://home.tomtom.com/account/login
Severity: 1103
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/netutil.js:77
return new ServerError(message, status, uri, undefined, additionalInfo);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:392
this.cancelException = NetUtil.exceptionForStatusCode(this.request.channel.status, this.url.spec);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:278
this.request.onerror = function() { me._done(false); }

Time: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 23:26:14 GMT
I am ready to return this for a refund and go back to another Garmin. At least I never ever had troubles with their site or any download problems of any kind. :mad:

Is it better now? I had an outage from around 7-8 eastern, but things look like they're back up for me.

Inadequate service

January 10, 2011

TomTom N.V.
Oosterdoksstraad 114
1011 DK Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Attention:
K. Vuursteen, Chairman, Supervisory Board
Kristina Nilsson

About a year ago I purchased a TomTom One 130. First utilized this GPS on a 600-mile trip for the first time and was impressed with its simplicity and usefulness in every respect.

So this December 2010 I purchased a XXL 540TM as an upgrade to the previous unit. Received the item January 4, 2011 and the following day attempted to register and upgrade the mapping. I began at approximately 7:00 P.M. and was shocked at the inferior download speed of your server (average speed 9KB/ps). The download for the upgrade of the mapping file (1700MB), made use of TomTom Home, became a nightmare after being timed out 15 times and consuming 15 to 17 hours of my valuable time.

This is unacceptable in any business model, that I am aware of, when you pay extra to employ the mapping update program in order to operate your product in a appropriate manner.

As a result of this lengthy download, a few errors developed and as a consequence had to call your tech support for assistance. When finally contact was established (45 minutes waiting time) I was instructed to format the Hard disk and reload the program. This was accomplished, but the unit would not function properly and tech support had to be called again (30 minutes WT). Tech support informed me that the unit was defective and return the product for exchange.

This is an unpleasant experience in progress and should not have been allowed to happen. In my humble opinion the slow download speed of your server and appalling advice of your employees caused this failure to occur.

This product requires up to date data to function properly, which the consumer pays for but is not given the proper tools to implement its functions.

We can blame numerous causes and reasons for this episode, but as a consumer I compensated your company for a product that is not given proper support to be utilized as designed, advertised and paid for.

Ask a Question