Relocating TomTom website Store Accounts - Is it possible?

I have relocated to the US and wish to move my TomTom Store registered account from the UK to the US store.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Reason being that I can change the "Country" and update my address details... but when I go into the shopping basket to buy a new map it says my account is in the UK store.

I could stick to the UK store but I don't know how the UK and US addresses might affect matching addressing against my US Credit Card address?!?

I also note that the dollar charge is significantly cheaper than the equivalent sterling charge for the same map!!!

I have sent TomTom a support email but was wondering if anyone had any experience of this.

thanks

Don't know if this'll work but after updating your address at tomtom.com, make sure you shut Home down completely. Ensure there is still no icon residing in the notification area of your computer.

Now restart Home. Any difference?

Also, don't waste your time emailing CS.

Use the toll free North American number 866-486-6866 (and they are open on Saturdays in NA).

I'm afraid TomTom support was pretty useless although they spent more time assuring me they would assist me than answering my query.

For anyone else reading this... they said

I understand that you have relocated to USA and wish to transfer the account from UK store to USA store.Rest assured as I will provide you all the details regarding this.

In order to submit order from USA, I suggest you try going on the TomTom UK website and then try to place an order from there, since such transfer is not technically feasible.

So. I decided to open a new TomTom account with my US address. And purchased the Map I wanted. (And at the cheaper $$$ rate too ::D )

I should have read the welcome email when I opened the new account BEFORE I bought the map as they gave me a $10 off coupon for the new account!

the new map downloaded and installed Ok. And I seem to be able to update the new and old map (from the previous account) with corrections. So hopefully all will be well....

Ask a Question