Voice Input not working

i have since talked to Tomtom tech support who walked me through various downloads and copies into the 920 but ultimately wound up with the same errors- to detail more below.

the last thing they suggested was a complete reset to factory original settings which I'm resisting (as apparently would need to reenter phone numbers, favorites, etc) as it's working well enough to wait for the hopefully soon new version they claim will really be corrected

anyway as to a recap and details, I had done a standard update via tomtom Home and sometime after noticed the Voice input address and navigate to a POI or to a Cross Street or Intersection were not working correctly.

after an update Tuesday 1st (I think) when they claimed it was now fixed, I still had the same problems. I see on these forums that others have had the Voice address input greyed out, but didn't notice any mention of the other issues.

Again- the voice input is now working again since the last update, but still having problems with the other two features. won't find or let me enter the 2nd street for the navigate to cross street-intersection and just says one moment please when trying to find POI.

what's especially odd is that if I operate the 920 via Tomtom home both of these work, and when I exit and try the 920 stand alone I then can do one or the other, but apparently not both of these features. I left the POI working (the voice input address still works) but am now without the navigate to cross street (which I intend to live with until they get a good version working).

my question for any and all- did you or do you still have problems with these other 2 features, as well as the voice input (now or previous to the last was supposed to work upgrade correction)?

I'm reasonably convinced they are all related, but was surprised to not find other users complaining about these other features being out.

I have exact the same problem like you after the update, but after a few soft reset, everythings work like normal with voice input, navigate to cross street working perfectly.

Press a paper clip into the RESET HOLE on the bottom of the unit - it should not affect data/settings, etc. But it can clear up some issues.

Voice works, sometimes

As posted on another thread, I'm having the same problems described here, with or without voice. Sometimes the street list won't come up, sometimes the POI list won't come up. "One moment please..."

A paperclip reset seems to remedy the situation temporarily.

I suspect buffer overrun or memory leak errors to be the issue (something that happens when data is written where it's not supposed to be in the unit's memory). It's an easy mistake to make, but a hard one to find, and sometimes it's the *interaction* of multiple such bugs that create the problem.

paperclip reset doesn't help mine either. voice input seems to be staying fine, but can get only POI or cross street not both to be working.

I'm going to just live without the navigate to cross street choice for now as it's not that often used, until they get the final 'fix' ready and hopefully that will take care of it.

anyone who tries the reset to factory settings choice through Tomtom home as tech was suggesting I try, please let me know if that even solves the problem

Don't bother with factory reset

I've done a soft reset, I've done a factory settings reset. The soft reset seems to temporarily restore to normal functionality. The factory reset did nothing. I immediately had trouble with POIs and street lists.

By the way, I haven't even tried intersections; I'm seeing the "One moment please..." message with navigation to most any street address.

Has anyone noticed if downgrading solves this problem?

I'm about to travel with my TomTom, would love to have this solved before I leave.

Ask a Question