Voice Input options missing

I have a new 930T. I had a flashing red X problem the first day, and had to reformat the drive and reinstall the software to fix it. (I did drag the maps folders back when I was done, and I've checked and found that they do contain the cspeech files for each state.)

But now the Voice Input options are missing from the Navigate To menu. They're not grayed out; they're just not there. I know at least some Voice Input functionality was there before I went through the problem above, because I was able to try out Voice Input. I saw the little voice button on the keyboard that lets you speak a street name. I'm not positive the options like "Navigate by Spoken Voice" etc. were there; didn't notice either way.

Any clue why this would happen? Did I get an older/newer version of the application that doesn't include Voice Input? If so, how do I fix?

This is my current setup:
App 8.302
GPS v1.20
Map: North America, v810.1907

In your North America map folder, do you have a bunch of csspeechxx.dat files? (one for every state and one for Canada)?

If so, then make sure you have this: a text file called support_asr.dat with just a 1 in it, no spaces, no quotes, nothing else. The support_asr.dat file should be placed in the asr folder. Use Notepad to create the file and Explorer to move it to the asr folder. Ensure that you have not saved the file as support_asr.dat.txt in error. (Contol Panel-->Folder Options-->View-->Advanced: Uncheck 'Hide extension for known file types').

Do a pin reset on the unit. Are the icons there now????

If the cspeech files are not in the NA map folder, then look on your computer in Tomtom/download/map/ folder where the zipped map is, if it is not the original that came with the unit but, rather, an upgrade. You should see the csspeech files there. Extract them and use Explorer to copy them to the map folder on your unit. If necessary, create the support_asr.dat file.

Ask a Question