Voice Command Input grayed out???

Maybe somebody knows how to fix this!

The voice command input icons are grayed out on my new GO730. :(

It worked on my first GO730 with app 8.30 and map 8.10! The unit broke and it was exchanged by TomTom. Received new refurbished unit which now has app 8.30 and map 8.15. Called customer support and they have no clue. They tried it at the tech center and said it works there. Told me to reinstall app which I did. I also run ClearFlash tool just in case. I also tried the support_asr patch but it didn't change anything.

Also when I copy my phonebook (LG enV) to device it only copies phone numbers but not the names. This has worked before as well.

Can the difference be in map 8.10 versus 8.15?

Take a look at your 8.15 map using Explorer. does it have a bunch of cspeechxx.dat files in it? If not, you got the smaller 8.15 map and should have gotten the larger sized one with the files. Call support (again) at 866-486-6866

Before you do, however, since you dl the 815 file, look at the (compressed) cab file on your computer (stored in the download/map/folder). Do you see the speech files there but NOT in the map folder on the unit? If so, extract them and copy them to the map folder on the unit.

If you do NOT see cspeech.dat files anywhere (computer or unit), make that call and ask that they make the larger NA map available for your account.

I just called tech support again and they still don't know what is going on. And yes, I have a bunch of cspeechxxx files.

While on hold I was playing with the device and went to Navigate to, Address, Street and house number and I noticed a small >mouth< symbol in the right bottom corner. Tipped on it and it enabled voice input. Went back to Navigate to and now the icons are present and they work.

Still trying to figure out why the phone numbers are transferred but not the names associated with it.

Thanks for your quick help.

I just called tech support again and they still don't know what is going on. And yes, I have a bunch of cspeechxxx files.

While on hold I was playing with the device and went to Navigate to, Address, Street and house number and I noticed a small >mouth< symbol in the right bottom corner. Tipped on it and it enabled voice input. Went back to Navigate to and now the icons are present and they work.

Still trying to figure out why the phone numbers are transferred but not the names associated with it.

Thanks for your quick help.

Did you select a state when entering in an address for the first time? That was my issue. I had to first set a route manually by tapping the screen and entering in my state, then when I cleared route and went back to "navigate to - Address" my VR option wasn't greyed out anymore.

Ask a Question