TT920 - voice input problems

Hi all,

I have two problems related to voice input on my TT920. The first one I don't know the reason for, the second one I do, I just need to know if there is an easy solution. ;)

Problem 1:
When I press the voice input icon, my TT says it's listening, but it fails to recognize any and all city names I try to shout at it. I have tried several European countries and several languages and pronunciations, but it still fails to recognize anything, and gives me an error message saying it could not recognize the voice input. Is this a common problem, and if so, what can I do to fix it? (If it means anything, I have firmware v. 8.010, and map v. 7.10.1576.)

Problem 2:
Since I bought my TT920 in Europe (like an idiot), I do not have the voice recognition files for North America - or so I have found out on this forum anyway. I would really like to have this function in the US as well, as I travel a good deal on both continents. I have not heard back from TomTom on this; is there any other way I can get a hold of these files? I found a link on here, but it seems to be outdated. Does anyone have a new link to where these can be found...?

Thanks for your time! I'd really appreciate any and all answers.

Jan.

@Pedro2NR

Unfortunately I got the same problem as norseman76. Would u be so kind and send me a private msg, too? ;)

thankx

HElp

Hey there,

I'm in the a bit of the same problem. I used megadownloads to download the files. Not it will not recoginze the city. I've seen where others have had this problem when they used the megadownloads site to download the files. I tried the http://tomtom.com/updates/ASR_Western_Europe.zip link and it is dead. What can I do?

Thanks!

Matthew

Ask a Question