Voice input TT920

Hi guys,
Just bought my TT920T as a christmas gift to myself (from my wife :)
Works perfect in the US and Canada, but when going back to Europe and Sweden I notices two anoying problems

1. The RDS-TMS antenna does not work in Europe (I have read the other threads and as I understand this is not a malfunction but a question of different technologies in US and Europe. However, I am disapointed in the TT Support team that did not tell me this when I asked them last week. Found out on this very good forum.

2. Voice input does work in the US and in Canada (also in Quebec to my suprise). However, when in Europe, the voice symbol is just grey. Anyone out there who knows why this doesnot work in Europe?

Thanks in advance

RDS-MTS Antenna

Regarding my first issue, I just got a message from TT support. They will replace my antenna. I am quite happy with this solution.
Johan

glad to hear it.
I believe the TMC receivers are different for each continent and will not work vice versa.

OK,
However if it works in Europe its better for me, since this is where I spend most time. In the US I could always get traffic through my cellphone.

It just disapoints me that once someone (TT) comes up with a great product including North America and Europe maps, they still cant solve functionality issues such as RDS-TMC and voice recognition.

OK,
However if it works in Europe its better for me, since this is where I spend most time. In the US I could always get traffic through my cellphone.

It just disapoints me that once someone (TT) comes up with a great product including North America and Europe maps, they still cant solve functionality issues such as RDS-TMC and voice recognition.

TMC traffic is an external product. Free in Europe and paid in the US. I dont ever see this merging.

I think they are working on VR and other bugs. The 920 is meant to be used on both continents, so TT should have given us the files on the DVD, even if there was no space to enable VR for both continents on the same machine at the same time!

TMC traffic is an external product. Free in Europe and paid in the US. I dont ever see this merging.

I think they are working on VR and other bugs. The 920 is meant to be used on both continents, so TT should have given us the files on the DVD, even if there was no space to enable VR for both continents on the same machine at the same time!

I see your point. Just to give you an idea of what I meant above. :)

My mobile phone works in both US, Canada and Europe even though it is different systems. I sure pay for it though by paying for roaming traffic.

My TV plays the European PAL system. When I hook up my camcorder I bought in the US my TV switches to NTSC (this is almost default on all TVs sold over here).

If I buy a DVD player, many of them play region 1 as well as 2, by default.

I dont expect that I will be able to receive TMC for free in the US. However, it would be great if TT coulld build both recievers in one so it would work on both sides och the Atlantics. Just like some producers of cellphones build in different systems in one phone.

Maybee its not worth the cost for TT, maybe the antenna would become to expensive. I just think we sometimes make life uneccessary difficult.

In terms of VR i agree with you. I dont believe they would have the guts to do false promotion and sell a product that doesnt live up to expectations.

I filed a support question to TT about VR at the same time as mye question regarding TMC. They answered the antenna question, but not the VR question. Guess they must be working on a solution

Thanks for you help

Which makes the hands-free "return call" issue with TT placing a + into the phone number, unacceptable. They are still Europe-centric but need to get some stuff squared away if they don't want to lose credibility.

Which makes the hands-free "return call" issue with TT placing a + into the phone number, unacceptable. They are still Europe-centric but need to get some stuff squared away if they don't want to lose credibility.

Agreed!

Lets see how they respond. A friend just got a full replacement for his 910 after a few back and forths. They even paid DHL both ways.n There is hope!

Ask a Question