TT920 voice input

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 720
Does the 920 voice input work in the USA? I mean can you speak the directions and it create the directions to there without touching the device. I have read this feature is for euorpe only and not available on us models? Is this true

Does the 920 voice input work in the USA? I mean can you speak the directions and it create the directions to there without touching the device. I have read this feature is for euorpe only and not available on us models? Is this true

No, it's not true.....

plenty of threads here on how to enact Voice Recognition.

Do a search on 'Voice Recognition' or 'support_asr.dat'.

Infact,

We have now cracked how to get a US 920 to do speeech recog in EUROPE!!!! Same solution for EU 920s wanting to get VR in the US.

Tomtom will give you these extra files if you ask...nicely. LoL

Voice Recognition in USA and Europe

I read that this is possible but do not know which firmware or software version is needed and how to get these from Tom Tom. Can anyone assist?

Rick Spradling

The 920 already comes standard with VR working right out of the box in the continent it was bought in. US 920s work in NAmer and Euro 920 work in Europe.

The trick was to get the files from the OTHER continent and to have both work at the same time. Gente cracked that problem in the thread somewhere below. Do a search.

Ask a Question