TT920 Backlight

Gentlemen,
My TT920 has been very well treated and used only on long trips. It was stored in excellent working condition for several months and when I decided to update it for my next trip, the screen would not light up.
I concluded that the battery was bad so I replaced the battery but the backlight still does not work.
I know the unit is working properly by operating it with TT Home. I can even see a faint image on the LCD screen.
It is difficult to believe that the backlight has gone bad in the closet, on the other hand I realise it is not lighting up.
Has anyone ever changed the backlight of a TT920?
Has anyone opened the display module?
I would be glad to change the whole display module if I can find one to by. Any suggestions?
I would rather try to repair it instead of simply scraping the new unit.
Thank you for your comments.

If you Google lte430wq-f0B-0bs you will find all kinds of Chinese and Korean outfits willing to sell you the original Samsung or a replacement of some sort.

You might consider eBay to see if there are any units out there (and don't limit to 920 - you can use a screen from 520, 530, 720, 730, 920, 930) that are defunct in some other way but have good screens.

The replacement process isn't all that painful.

If you don't want to tackle it, there are a number of shops in the UK that do TomTom repair (you'll no doubt find that easier to deal with from Italy than we do here in the U.S.). Why so many are clustered in the UK, I don't know. Just how it is. Examples include the following, but I have had no dealings with any of them:

TomTom repair Centre UK
http://www.mobilerepaircentre.co/sat_nav_repairs.shtml
SatNav-Shop - TomTom GO Sales and Repairs

Canderson,

Thank you very much.
I will try to purchase the component and replace it.
I will let you know when I get it done.
Regards.

TT920T Backlight

Canderson and others,

I have ordered and received the display unit from a seller in China.
I will now replace the defective part and as soon as I get it done I will report back.
Thanks and regards,
Pelunca.

Ask a Question