US Map Subscription Now Available

The question you should be asking is "Does anybody NOT see that' :eek:

I think all of us who signed up still see that message, Smokie. You should have gotten a confirmation email. Just keep that and ignore the message.

Okay. After reading through this whole thread this is what I've come up with (as a Canadian and having to live with the purchases being charged in Euros)

Cost to upgrade to 825 = 35.8 Euros = 59.73 CDN (I'm 5 qtrs out of date)
Cost to enroll in Map Update Service = 35.8 Euros = 59.73 CDN
Total cost = $119.46 (plus any extra currency conversion fees levied by cc company)

Cost of refurbed TTOne 3rd Ed. from TigerDirect = $99.99 CDN

Makes more sense to just buy the refurb (I own a 2nd edition around 2 yrs old). I'll have the current map, a 3rd edition vs. a 2nd edition, a newer unit, and an extra one for the other vehicle. In my opinion, they kind of ruin the offer by making you first upgrade to 825. :)

Just remember that refurb units are not automatically given the latest map guarantee in North America.

Got it

The question you should be asking is "Does anybody NOT see that' :eek:

I think all of us who signed up still see that message, Smokie. You should have gotten a confirmation email. Just keep that and ignore the message.

OK, I got it. I should have checked the earlier messages. Oh well, I was hoping you could tell me that a pin reset would take care of it!!! LOL!!! Sorry, couldn't resist.:D

Just remember that refurb units are not automatically given the latest map guarantee in North America.

If you get a refurbished and it has a "Latest map guarantee card"; email TomTom NA and attach a copy of your receipt and a copy of the card with the code on it. They will give you a 825 map update,

That is what I did, no problems.

FWIW, it doesn't matter if they bill you in euros or USD ... per customer service, all download transactions are handled in Amsterdam ... so you'll pay that 3% CC fee even if you live in Arkansas.

Make no mistake about it...TomTom is a European company. It's North American operations appear to be little more than a sales office, it seems.

Annoying.

Ask a Question