Selling a Go 740 w/ active map subscription

TomTom Model(s)
Go 920
The results of my searching indicate that if I were to sell a TomTom with an active map subscription, that the subscription would not transfer to the new owner of the device. Assuming this is correct, if I gave the new owner the account email address and password, and forwarded the email to their email address, would the map subscription continue to work for them until it expired?

Yup. As long as they used Home with the original account data that matched the unit serial number, Home has no idea who is on the other end of the keyboard. It's no different than if you had two computers, and updated on one and occasionally updated using the other.

What I do not recall is whether TomTom retains an active copy of your credit data with your account for future updates, or whether that data has to be entered each time you make a map or other purchase. It's been a while since I had reason to give them any credit card info. Might want to review that first.

If you log into your account on Tomtom.com (the website, not HOME), you can change your email address and password.

Then you can use the new email address/pass under preferences -> myTomtom, and all the existing LIVE services will transfer over.

That didn't work with PLUS a few years ago for me, but worked with the 740 LIVE a few months ago.

Ask a Question