Updating TomTom Maps.....HELP please!

I had to get a refurbished TomTom due to problems with my original TomTom. I got it in the mail last week and tried to update the maps. Since I had just bought an updated map (whiched caused the problems with my 1st GPS, while uploading it) I was trying to update the map onto the new GPS. For some reason it did not work, and now there are NO maps on the GPS! (When I start the TomTom, it says "No Maps Found!") When I connect to TomTom HOME, there are no maps to choose from to update, unless I wanted to repay.

How can I get a map put back on my GPS??

Thanks in advance

(Edit to add: I have a TomTom One XL 330S)

Last edited:
If you upgraded your map, it should be found here:
c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Maps\

You can install without using Home. See here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...nstall-downloaded-map-without-using-home.html

Also, make sure you register the new unit with a different email address than used for the first one. Doesn't even have to be a real email address, just in the proper format.

Ask a Question