Updating Maps... Which is Best?

TomTom Model(s)
GO LIVE 1535M and XXL-540TM
I have tried multiple GPS units and keep coming back to my TT ONE... but I need to update the maps... question is:

Do the regional maps have more info on them as opposed to all of the US... ie: POI's; parks; rivers; lakes; waterways?

I don't travel outside of the western region... and I want more info shown on the map... navteq maps have all parks and all waterways on them... the TT ONE is missing a BUNCH of that kind of stuff. And more POI's would be great too.

Thanks in advance... and if I am not going to get the info I am looking for from the regional map... I will probably just get the US map.

I can't actually vouch for this and I don't want you to waste your money. But from what I understand, the regional maps are cut from the North America maps. I believe the roads are pretty much the same, but there should be more details like bodies of water, and a larger POI base.

Remember, this is just speculation on my part.

I updated my maps with the Western Region maps (US) and there is definitely more detail... more parks are showing, shopping centers, lakes, rivers, creeks, railroads and more POI's.

I can't actually vouch for this and I don't want you to waste your money. But from what I understand, the regional maps are cut from the North America maps. I believe the roads are pretty much the same, but there should be more details like bodies of water, and a larger POI base.
Does anyone know if this includes smaller rivers?

TomTom's maps seem to include most of the small lakes & ponds in my area, but NOT the interconnecting rivers & streams. That's one of the more unexpected features that I'm missing after the migration from a Garmin.

R?

Does anyone know if this includes smaller rivers?

TomTom's maps seem to include most of the small lakes & ponds in my area, but NOT the interconnecting rivers & streams. That's one of the more unexpected features that I'm missing after the migration from a Garmin.

R?

Coverage varies a lot depending on where you look. I'd suggest going to a store that has the GO models and lookup for yourself those areas that you are curious about by browsing the map.

This is one feature I miss from Garmin. You can go to their website and use the maps before you buy them. It kept me from buying a topo map of Colorado when I found out it didn't have any detail in my area of interest.

Can someone comment as to how much improvement and added detail there is for the new maps in Northeast US? I'm using a 5-6 month old XL-S.

Thx

Ask a Question