Update to HOME 2.4 (again)

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
I am starting a new thread for this issue as the HOME 2.4 has just been updated to 2.4.0.104 from 2.4.0.94

Unfortunatly it solved none of the issues we were discussing. I still am recieving no Mapshare updates and am unable to set my country in the Mapshare preferences. I also lost all of my previous Mapshare updates. If I plug into my other computer which still has 2.3, it shows that there are almost 35,000 Mapshare updates available, but it wont download them.

Will call support and see whats-what.

cheers

Last edited:
Update:

Talked to support, they had me do a number of things to try to rectify this problem.

Reset the device to factory default (loosing all of my settings, favourites, itinerarys, etc). Rejoin mapshare, pin resets, and a number of other things, all to no avail.

She is forwarding my file "up the chain" and are to contact me sometime within the next week with hopefully a cure to the problem.

Who knows, maybe a member of this forum will find a cure before they do.

Cheers

I'm still on HOME 2.1.2.121. I've not seen any 'Map-share' updates for about 3 weeks.

I thought I read somewhere here in the forum that they think it's server problems again. Not sure.

I just got my tomtom XL-S last week and installed Home and such on Thursday. I am also getting that there are zero mapshares for me (no matter where i have the slider set). Glad to hear that it is a know problem.

I'm still on HOME 2.1.2.121. I've not seen any 'Map-share' updates for about 3 weeks.

I thought I read somewhere here in the forum that they think it's server problems again. Not sure.

She told me if you are using an older version of HOME, that server is no longer in operation.

Update to the latest 2.4 and see what happens, some claim it works for them.

Cheers

I had updated my XL-S September 17th with the latest Quickfix and lots of MapShare updates (weird as it made a number of separate updates for the same map). I only reconnected last Saturday, the 28th, but only got a Quickfix and no MapShare update while using Home 2.3 which leads me to believe either a server problem or a deliberate no MapShare update policy until Home gets fixed properly.

Edit: Just saw the previous msg above mine. I guess I'll update to 2.4 and see what happens...

Edit2: Did not do it. Waiting for confirmation it does work right. In the meantime, I'll simply get QuicFix...

Last edited:
My fuel station error message went away with this update, though I still get an error about camera reporting. Evidently traffic cameras are on a different server than MapShare. MapShare is working fine for me.

One of the mods in a Brit forum posts today that he met with TomTom officials in Holland yesterday. They told him they have temporarily suspended mapshare downloads for the last week or so since the strain on their servers was too much as people also were dl new versions of Home.

Dumb that they would not upgrade their servers but that is an ongoing hassle. Supposedly, mapshares will start again soon but no word on the bug where existing mapshares are getting wiped out for some.

They told him they have temporarily suspended mapshare downloads for the last week or so since the strain on their servers was too much as people also were dl new versions of Home.

So if this was a planned action by TT why not simply post something to that effect on the TT website? It seems so obvious. And at the very least why not inform tech support of this event?

She told me if you are using an older version of HOME, that server is no longer in operation.

Update to the latest 2.4 and see what happens, some claim it works for them.

Cheers
Thanks for that...

But that really doesn't make sense to me. Why would a different HOME version connect to a different server? Once you connect to TomTom for updates, mine always finds a GPSquickFIX. Once it's connected, if there are mapshare updates, they should be offered through their router and from the mapshare server.

I suspect this is just another 'miss-truth' spoken by support... but not sure. :rolleyes:

Update.

After doing all the things as mentioned in my previous post, and still recieving no Mapshare updates, I get an email to my support page. Here is "Brenda's" reply.

"Map Share updates are free for one year. After that time, you would want to purchase a new map to keep getting the updates."

Now, this makes no sense at all. For one thing, my TT is 10 months old, I have gone from the original 667 map to a 675 and now a 715 map. In my conversations with a TT tech, this was never mentioned. They admit on the phone that there is an "issue" and many are not recieving updates or a country in the preferences.

I have always had decent success with TT support via phone calls, but often get very conflicting information.

Will keep on hangin' on for now.

Cheers

ps; I've seen it mentioned in several various posts, what is "GSPquickFix"?

Last edited:
HOMEruntime error

Well everything was working fine until I "upgraded" to Home 2.4 now my SD card is not recognized and TTHome gives me this error I have tried the solution in this post with no success. I have reset my device numerous times and still no luck. Does anyone have anymore suggestions or insight. Thanks:confused:

ps; I've seen it mentioned in several various posts, what is "GSPquickFix"?

It's the file downloaded to your unit to make it easier for the unit to acquire the satellite signals. Ususally available every da, it gives the satellite positions for the next 5 (or is it 7) days.

It's listed when you Update My Unit is clicked.

Some never bother dl the file and say they have no problem acquiring the signal; in truth, your unit CAN get the signal without the updated file, it just may be slower to do so.

Ok, that makes sense. Since this whole mess started, I have noted quite a delay in initial satellite reception.....

Cheers

I never thought much of it until you just mentioned it, but when everything was working fine a week ago, I could aquire a signal in seconds. My device somtimes still picks up the signal quick, but other times it has taken up to 5 minutes. This has been after all of this mess has started. Before last wednesday, I had never seen my device take longer than 1 minute to find a signal. Even when I powered it up for the first time ever after just buying the product, it found a signal within 20 seconds. At least my ONE XL still works (minus mapshare) which keeps me happy.

I am starting a new thread for this issue as the HOME 2.4 has just been updated to 2.4.0.104 from 2.4.0.94

Unfortunatly it solved none of the issues we were discussing. I still am recieving no Mapshare updates and am unable to set my country in the Mapshare preferences. I also lost all of my previous Mapshare updates. If I plug into my other computer which still has 2.3, it shows that there are almost 35,000 Mapshare updates available, but it wont download them.

Will call support and see whats-what.

cheers

how does one have it show there are 35,000 updates available? for the last couple weeks i have not been able to get any updates either, it won't even get gps quickfix.. today i tried 2.4 on the map no updates, and when i tried the new version on the pc, it offered new phone settings. i got my new map on a memory card, and have not copied it to the tomtom yet, been lazy, so when i run tomtom home i always select the memory card

im not getting any mapshare updates either, even tried to pin reset the tomtom and move the slider from medium to low, 0 updates available
in tomtom mapshare preferences, maps do not contain anything

when i sync'ed the clock after the pin reset, it was stuck on UTC and it was off from the local time

The mapshare servers have been down for a week and the projection according to replies by some British forum posters is that it'll still be another week before they are back.

Ask a Question