Home offers old map on update

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 540TM
I have US map 930.5605 installed on my XXL 540. When I try to update it offers an old map and 150,000 corrections. I have reinstalled Home 9.510 with no luck.

The problem started when I installed the latest version of Home. There is obviously a bug in this version. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ignore the offering of the old map. It IS a bug in the Home software.

That said, version 935 will be offered within a week or so. The problem will be that your model does not come with a sd ard slot and the 935 map may be too large for your device. In that case, you will -- or should -- be offered a zoned map instead.

Thank you so much for the quick and clear reply.

I have not heard of zoned maps before, but I have often wondered why I have to download the entire US and Canada and parts of Mexico when I'm really just interested in the Northeast US. (On my slow connection it takes eight+ hours to download the 1.5GB file)

You'll probably be offered the eastern US and Canada as one of the options. That covers the following:
Canada:
Alberta, British Colombia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut Territory, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan, Yukon Territory, Quebec
United States:
Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska,New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virgin Islands, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin.

So where did you get the Chinese stop sign?

So where did you get the Chinese stop sign?
How do you know it's a stop sign? That might be the Chinese symbol for "Runaway Truck Ramp".

It's just something I ran across on the web some time ago. Here's a photo of a sign meaning "Shanghai" from the same source.
Shanghai 068.JPG

Heh .. No, it's half of the ideogram pair they use for stop signs in Japan. Recognize it from that. Absolutely nothing sounds the same, but it's surprising how much commonality remains if you avoid Japanese kana.

No need, to ask, Arno. As I say, I recognize it from it's Japanese 'twin'. In Japan, they retain the second symbol along with the one you see above. There, it looks more like this 停止.

Hooked up my old Tomtom 540xxl running 620 maps and found map updates
630 and partial 880. Took the 630 and will check it next month and see what options I have

Well, D-Day is finally here. TomTom Home now offers me the new map 935.5811 at 1.754GB. As far as I can tell that will just barely fit on my device and, as I mentioned before, will take me 8-10 hours to download. I wasn't offered any zoned maps. Is there any point in asking them for one of the zones?

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried it and it started downloading the new map. Estimated time 12.5 hours!

I can do this over the next few days. I just don't want to finish the download and have it tell me that it's too large for the device.

Curious to know what you meant by 'partial 880'. I assume you are saying that you are being offered a map zone as opposed to the full North America map??? I must have forgotten that they were doing this so early. I would have thought that 880 would fit on your XXL540. The 2010 version of the XXL540 (serial number starting with letters RZ) had 4GB of memory. What are the two first letters of your serial?

My GO740's 880 map was still able to fit easily enough .. the entire folder was only 1.67GB. Even now, the 930 map I have on it is only 1.87GB, though that would be pushing it if you had a 2GB unit.

Curious to know what you meant by 'partial 880'. I assume you are saying that you are being offered a map zone as opposed to the full North America map??? I must have forgotten that they were doing this so early. I would have thought that 880 would fit on your XXL540. The 2010 version of the XXL540 (serial number starting with letters RZ) had 4GB of memory. What are the two first letters of your serial?

My GO740's 880 map was still able to fit easily enough .. the entire folder was only 1.67GB. Even now, the 930 map I have on it is only 1.87GB, though that would be pushing it if you had a 2GB unit.

Ask a Question