TomTom home update problem

TomTom Model(s)
xl
I have just reinstalled (for the umpteenth time) TomTom Home2 Winlatest but cannot get past the EULA screen which only shows the "country" button and "decline and accept buttons. I am running Windows 7 SP1 on my laptop. I had no problem installing on my desk top pc. Any advice welcome please.

Is it a 64 bit version of Win7? I think Home struggles with that.

Have you tried installing and running Home in XP emulation mode?

Thanks Andy_P,
I am running 32 bit Windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron 1720
The weirdest thing keeps occurring; The first splash screen shows TomTom home version 2.9 then to the EULA screen where only the Country button appears on the main screen. After exiting and restarting TomTom Home, the first splash screen shows version 2.6 then goes to the same EULA screen as before.

Willum

@willum

Sounds as though there are bits and pieces of two versions on the machine. Once in a while in similar situations, our fellow mod dhn recommends the use of the free Revo uninstaller to fully uninstall Home2 with all of its registry bits and pieces, then a clean install of the Home2 application.

Here's his link to Revo: http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Ask a Question