TomTom Home Updated to Version 2.8.3.2499

It fixes the problem in the previous version where the 'device disconnect' icon wouldn't do anything for many people.

So my suspicion seems to be correct that TT forces me to use 2.8.3.2499 to force me to accept their privacy terminology?

I have not done that yet but in order to get the prepaid quarterly map updates I will have to accept their terms.

This seems to be the way it is most of the time.

My bank just sent me a new set of terms with no way to opt-out or change anything with the exception of changing banks.

I seem to get a new set of terms for my credit cards at least once a year, too. If I don't like their current interest rates the only recourse is to cancel the card and go somewhere else.

David,
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

By now you will probably have read that I successfully renamed the 2.8.2.2264 entry in the C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul\application.ini file to 2.8.3.2499, allowing my full use of the HOME software, including updates for Safety Cameras, QuickGPSfix Data and MapShares.

Thank you, Alex, if you are reading this.

Ask a Question