Reset settings
>

This menu I would like to keep as it is, then & add the following features:
Itinerary planning
Manage POIs

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Have a look at the following post, to see if it helps to answer me:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=59534&highlight=tomtom+one

Last edited:
Oh Wise One

Hey Birdman, looks like you are quite savy with the TT ONE 3rd Edition. I would love to pick you brain.
I just bought a ONE and looks like it needs a lot of tweaking. I see many mention writing/editing programs to the unit. Is this the only way to tweak? What does the TomTom HOME do when I connect my ONE to my PC?
Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :cool:

JB

I solved most of the troubles with one menu including all options available, except the "Help me" and some "Error Report" features:

MENUBLOCK|BLOCK_MAIN|BTM_GPS_POSITION|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE1|1-1 Planning
MENUITEM|TASK_NAVIGATE_TO|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_FIND_ALTERNATIVES||"Find Alternative"|
MENUITEM|TASK_MAINTAIN_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_ADD_FAVORITE|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PREFERENCES|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE2|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE2|1-2 Mapping
MENUITEM|TASK_PLAN_VIA|
MENUITEM|TASK_AVOID_ROUTE_LINE|
MENUITEM|TASK_ITINERARY|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PLAN_ATOB|
MENUITEM|MENUITEM|TASK_CONFIRM_DELETE_ROUTE|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE3|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE3|2-2 Mapping
MENUITEM|TASK_MAINTAIN_FAVORITES|
MENUITEM|TASK_SHOW_MAP|
MENUITEM|TASK_CHANGE_HOME_LOCATION|
MENUITEM|TASK_CONFIGURE_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE4|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE4|1-4 Sound & language
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_VOLUME|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_SOUND|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_PROMPT|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_LANGUAGE|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_VOICE|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE5|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE5|2-4 Audio & Vision
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_CRADLE|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_HIDEMAP|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_STATUS|
MENUITEM|TASK_ROTATE_DISPLAY|
MENUITEM|TASK_LEFTHANDED|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE6|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE6|3-4 Audio & Vision
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_NIGHTVIEW|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_BRIGHTNESS|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_BACKLIGHT|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_COLOR_SCHEMES|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_2D3D|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE7|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE7|4-4 Units
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_CLOCK_TYPE|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_DIST_UNITS|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_COMPASS|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_KEYBOARD_SIZE|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE8|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE8|1-2 Preferences
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_TRAFFIC|
MENUITEM|TASK_TRAFFIC_SETTINGS|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_TOLL|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_PLANTYPE|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE1|

If anyone tries it or improves it, please let me know! :) I'm also open to test your own menus if you expand the features with the "Help me" and "Report map errors" icons.

Tweak Original Menu (TT One 3)

I would like to tweak the original menu. Where one the TomTom can I locate the text for the original menu? I want to use that as a starting point. I like some of the menu items that Birdman has added, but I would like to add some of my own. Does anyone have a copy of the original menu text or can someone tell me where to I can extract it form my TomTom. By the way, I am talking about a TT One 3rd edition. Thanks for the help.

I would like to tweak the original menu. Where one the TomTom can I locate the text for the original menu? I want to use that as a starting point. I like some of the menu items that Birdman has added, but I would like to add some of my own. Does anyone have a copy of the original menu text or can someone tell me where to I can extract it form my TomTom. By the way, I am talking about a TT One 3rd edition. Thanks for the help.

There is no way to extract this data for the default menu. During the brief period I had my 3rd edition, I sat down with a piece of paper and drew each of the screens with boxes showing what icon showed up on each page of the TomTom. You can create these same pictures by removing the TomTom.mnu file and booting to your default menu and drawing each icon, page by page.

From that, I generated the 3rd edition TomTom.mnu file that I have for download on my page. Again, there are some items that you can NOT provide on the menu (such as the HELP! button and the MAP SHARE because there is no text command to add those to the custom menu)

Thanks

Thanks. That answers my question. I guess its time to get a piece of papers and pencil.

There is no way to extract this data for the default menu. During the brief period I had my 3rd edition, I sat down with a piece of paper and drew each of the screens with boxes showing what icon showed up on each page of the TomTom. You can create these same pictures by removing the TomTom.mnu file and booting to your default menu and drawing each icon, page by page.

From that, I generated the 3rd edition TomTom.mnu file that I have for download on my page. Again, there are some items that you can NOT provide on the menu (such as the HELP! button and the MAP SHARE because there is no text command to add those to the custom menu)

I have done the same thing on more than one occasion (drawing the menu boxes and charting the sdk#). I still have not been able to predict what sdk# any given 3rd party software will use. Twice now the whole list has changed when I added something (the last one was adding the text browser). You would think there would be some logic involved, like maybe the order that the software was added, or maybe alphabetical order, but that does not seem to be the case. No big deal,, it is just a pain in the neck to have to re-order the menus when this happens.

TomTom ONE 3rd Edition - Europe - Version 7.166

STANDARD MENU:
Navigate to
Find alternative
Help me!
Add Favorite
Change preferences
>
Prepare route
Browse map
Map corrections
TomTomTraffic
Clear route

STANDARD PRECERENCES MENU (1/5):
Use day colors
Show POI on map
Safety preferences
Guided tours
Turn sound off
>
Volume preferences
Manage favorites
TomTomSafety Cameras
Change voice
Warn when near POI
>
Turn on 2D display
Status bar preferences
Change Home location
Manage maps
Planning preferences
>
Change language
Set owner
Operate right-handed
Brighness preferences
Change map colors
>
Set units
Set clock
Keyboard preferences
Compass preferences
Reset settings
>

This menu I would like to keep as it is, then & add the following features:
Itinerary planning
Manage POIs

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Have a look at the following post, to see if it helps to answer me:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=59534&highlight=tomtom+one

As that guy reports and has been reported many times on this board, you cannot have a menu that is CUSTOM and includes the MAPSHARE and HELP ME! icons.

In your case, you would need a custom menu to add the Itinerary Planning and Manage POIs icons, but you cannot create this custom menu that includes MAPSHARE and HELP ME! icons as well.

Now, you can follow my instructions on the following pages and add a 3rd party program called MenuTT that allows you to dynamically boot your TomTom to a standard menu and then back to a custom menu without connecting to the PC:
>>> Creating a Custom Menu or using One I Already Made for you <<<
>>> Installing and using MenuTT <<<

Last edited:
Hey Birdman, looks like you are quite savy with the TT ONE 3rd Edition. I would love to pick you brain.
I just bought a ONE and looks like it needs a lot of tweaking. I see many mention writing/editing programs to the unit. Is this the only way to tweak? What does the TomTom HOME do when I connect my ONE to my PC?
Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :cool:

JB

Most the information you see in this thread is changing the menus to have icons that access features not available directly on the 3rd edition, yet are embedded into the tomtom's software (think of it as having programs installed on your PC, but no icon anywhere to access them). These changes do require you to add a file named TomTom.mnu to a folder you create on your TomTom called /SdkRegistry.

There are also third party applications that can be installed to your TomTom and, again, these require you to add files to your TomTom.

TomTom HOME is just the portal that TomTom uses to connect to the TomTom server. It allows you to get updates to your TomTom for QuickGPSfixes, download voices, download color schemes, etc....

If you want to know some of the things available to tweak your TomTom, check out my webpage:
>>> Customizing TomTom <<<

I also wanted itinerary planning on my TT one 3rd edition. I created the folder and put in the file and now I see a new interface. BUT the itinerary planning is frozen when I tap it and the device restarts after a few seconds. The other functions are fine. Is anyone having the same problem?

I also wanted itinerary planning on my TT one 3rd edition. I created the folder and put in the file and now I see a new interface. BUT the itinerary planning is frozen when I tap it and the device restarts after a few seconds. The other functions are fine. Is anyone having the same problem?

The strange thing is I can use itineraries using "managing tomtom" option on my computer when my TT is connected. Just cannot do it on GPS. Guess I'm the unlucky one.

Ask a Question