TomTom Home Update

Does anyone have any experience with TomTom Home Version 2.3.0.70, I just logged on and it offered me this update. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this version.

Does anyone have any experience with TomTom Home Version 2.3.0.70, I just logged on and it offered me this update. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this version.

It's not going to enhance the experience of North American users very much.

I was wondering the same too......what is new with the New TT Home.......the following are my findings:
1. A new link on how to personalize your TT device
2. Find Accessories for my device is a new link in TT Home page 2 of 2?which takes you to TT Products/accessories page (TT is trying to sell more stuff).
3. From the Device menu to Select Device page, where you choose (Internal Memory or & memory Card) now has New Icon with GO920 images for both option....

2. Find Accessories for my device is a new link in TT Home page 2 of 2?which takes you to TT Products/accessories page (TT is trying to sell more stuff).

I'd buy the Alternative Mount Kit if it were available. Here in California it is against the law to mount things on the windshield. I'm afraid that my power cord is going to break and I'll be left with the poor battery life to support my usage. What, pray tell, is TomTom's strategy in not having this Mount Kit available?

--
Jim

I'd buy the Alternative Mount Kit if it were available. Here in California it is against the law to mount things on the windshield. I'm afraid that my power cord is going to break and I'll be left with the poor battery life to support my usage. What, pray tell, is TomTom's strategy in not having this Mount Kit available?

--
Jim

There is a great alternative mount avail. I bought one at Amazon (TomTom Alternative Mount Kit (9M00.003) and attached it to the Nav-Mat. Works great for us in CA.

Off-topic I know...

I abit off topic, but regarding alternate mounts, I found one being produced in the UK that is literally customize tailored to your vehicle and is much more user friendly to use. The only catch is with the weakening dollar, the exchange rate is insane!

However, if you're determined to find the best mount, look no further - check it out!

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/

Also, it took me a bit of time to figure out how/what you need to order:

- First you need to get a tailored mount for your particular make and model of car

- Second, find the proclip that you like ( I got the 'TomTom GO 920 T Active Holder Tilt Swivel ')

- Third, get the 'Brodit Mini Moveclips'. This will allow you to remove the proclip with ease from the actual mount on your dash without having to screw the proclip to the mount itselt.

It all cost me around $140 bucks but heck, I"m single I can afford it, and I absolutely love it!! - good luck!

Thanks

A bit off topic, but regarding alternate mounts, I found one being produced in the UK that is literally custom tailored to your vehicle and is much more user friendly to use. The only catch is with the weakening dollar, the exchange rate is insane!

------- snip ----------

It all cost me around $140 bucks but heck, I"m single I can afford it, and I absolutely love it!! - good luck!

I've taken your recommendation and ordered one also. I took the mid priced option. I'm retired but, like you, I think I can afford it. I wonder how long it takes to get delivery from U.K. to western U.S.

Anyway, as I stated in my original response, TomTom does not appear to have any mounting hardware except windshield suction mounting available at this time or at any time since I started looking. I seldom have my TomTom out of the car or even unplugged from the power tether.

--
Jim

Ask a Question