TomTom GO 720 Photos

very nice!

Anyone noticed the new mount? He seems to make it as if you can snap it on with one hand (something you can't do with the ONE/ONE XL).

Yeah I can't wait to see the mount too. This unit looks promising. I also like the speech recognition. Looks neat.

No kidding! I heard at first towards the end of July, but now I'm hearing August.

yeah, I keep gettin mixed news on when the realease is....... I want it now :)

I googled it and they have it on Amazon...... it does not mention a realease date - or that there are pre-orders, it does mention 4-6 weeks to allow shipping.

Jason,
Thanks for sharing your fotos with us what did they have to say about our Forum? What about the questions we asked? Give us some feedback how did it go? What else did they say besides the new 710?
Thanks,

P.S. see in in August will visit 15th to 30th in L.A.

Giorgio

Well, without sounding like a stick in the mud, I don't really care so much about the new devices -- I already have a TomTom. What I can't wait for is the software update! It will be interesting to see what of the new features can work on the older devices like the GO700. Since the GO700 has a built-in mic, bluetooth, etc., it will be interesting to see how hard the TomTom prorammers are willing to work to allow the older devices (which are still being sold new at retail stores) to take advantage of some of the new features.

For example, with a the 2.5GB hard drive in the GO700 (or a bigger SD card in the SD card based models), you could easily put MP3s and photos on there. It would be nice if those type of functions would work. However, I suspect that it will be more of a barebones update for the older models, allowing for the new basic functions, map sharing, etc., but not anything that wasn't advertised as an original feature (like MP3 playing, voice recognition, etc.). It will be even more interesting to see if these newer features will work completely with such a new model as the GO910.

Can't wait for the update! I'm chopping at the bit!

When it does come out (bestbuy here in canada) i will be the first to buy one and review it and disect it.

heck you can already do TTS, mp3, movies, games on a Go 510 so im pretty sure the 520 and 720 will do this and more.

Ask a Question