SD Card from one to another

TomTom Model(s)
GO510
Hi as title says i recently bought a 2nd hand SD card with the usa & canada maps on it, on trying to use it in my "GO 510" it kept asking for activation code which i was supplied with, but it said wrong activation code
go to TT Code - TomTom Product Activation. for advice.
After contact with tomtom support staff for several days and emails they say they needed the product code which i was not supplied with, tried asking the person i bought the map off and in the end they owned up and said they had bought it 2nd hand and when they put it in there "GO710" it worked straight away no messing. Any idea,s why it wont work in my "GO510" thanks.

Regards Tomtombob1:confused::confused:

Maps are locked to specific devices and once a map is activated its not easy to move it to another device, I would look into sending it back for a refund and purchase the latest map from TomTom.com using the Home software - Mike

Hi Mike thanks for the info i have done just that but she is taking her time refunding the money, is there any way of unlocking the SD card to go in to another sat-nav.

Regards Bob:

Ask a Question