my sd card in another unit

I have the chance of getting another one XL for my son, but it doesn't have sd card in it, if I copied my maps on to a another sd card would it work in the other unit?

I thought it would be, buying the maps would be more than what the device is worth.
thanks for your help

The XL will have built-in maps, the only need for the SD is if you want a different/larger map than what is preinstalled on the Tomtom.

The XL will have built-in maps, the only need for the SD is if you want a different/larger map than what is preinstalled on the Tomtom.

hi, every time I try and use my device without the memory card it tell me to insert my memory card,
with respect I don't think the XL has built-in maps

All current Tomtoms come with built in maps when you buy them at a store.

Some older models used maps on SD cards, but even those models had the map SD included in the box.

The XL range has caused confusion before due to the different types that have been sold, you say your device has no SD card and is telling you to insert one, try the following:

Start up Windows Explorer on your computer so that you can see all the different drive letters available on the PC, now connect your XL to the computer without an SD card inserted, you will see a new drive letter appear, right click this and select "Properties" if the computer reports no card inserted then your device has no internal memory, if it does show a pie chart what is the capacity and are there any files/ folders in the drive?

Some XL devices were sold with internal Flash memory and a vacant SD card slot, if yours is one of these it could be just the application files that have become corrupt, or it needs a card and a map purchase - Mike

Ask a Question