Rendering engine crash

Every time time I log into Mydrive connect on my pc and click update the program crashes and I get a error message stating Rendering Engine Crash and the program reloads with me having to log in again only for the same thing to keep happening. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have a solution. Cheers!
Same thing's happening to me with the same message (Rendering Engine Crash) and has been for about 2 months, TomTom should sack their programmer and hire someone that knows what they're doing

Not all computers can handle graphics in the same way. As yet another example, Google Earth. They know that there can be issues with Open GL or DirectX for some machines, so there's are options...

Earth.jpg

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Kevintsch for his input and indeed providing a fix to a problem that actually works. Well done Kevintsch!

Not all computers can handle graphics in the same way. As yet another example, Google Earth. They know that there can be issues with Open GL or DirectX for some machines, so there's are options...

View attachment 5764
Yeah maybe but I've been using My Drive Connect on this computer for about 8 years and have never had trouble after an update before this one.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Kevintsch for his input and indeed providing a fix to a problem that actually works. Well done Kevintsch!
I have to thank you as well:

If you did not initate this Thread
i would have wasted much more time already on this (annoying) bug

You have to read the messages

It worked for me also now ... Thx a lot although I had problems to find MyDriveConnect on my computer first, but everything is okay now again. Thx a lot, great to have forums like these.

Does anyone know of a UK phone number or email addres for Tomto?
Since the covid there is no longer a phone number to contact Tomtom

How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
How to contact TomTom customer support by email

Here is a possible solution for this bug
You need to Change in the settings
General
The grah Mode fromm OpenGL dynamic to Open GL Software

Any idea how to open settings when, after the rendering engine crash message, all I have is a blank 'page' ? TIA

Ask a Question