Rendering engine crash

Hi Canderson.
I’m running windows 10 on pc.
latest version of Tomtom connect.
I had 4.3.1.5007 here yesterday. Today it has become 4.3.3.5010.
Could you post a screen shot of what you do see on your end? This, again, is what we see here with that version of the app on Win10:

Screen Shot.jpg

Last edited:
Any idea how to open settings when, after the rendering engine crash message, all I have is a blank 'page' ? TIA
The settings are not accessed from the main app screen. Right click on the systray icon and select Settings. It's the third from the left in the screen shot below:
Screen Shot.jpg

^

Every time time I log into Mydrive connect on my pc and click update the program crashes and I get a error message stating Rendering Engine Crash and the program reloads with me having to log in again only for the same thing to keep happening. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have a solution. Cheers!
This has been happening to me, I even had my computer checked out, TomTom said it was a Microsoft problem, but further down this page someone said to change the OpenGL Dynamic to OpenGL software in t he settings in My Drive Connect and thank you so much it worked.

Every time time I log into Mydrive connect on my pc and click update the program crashes and I get a error message stating Rendering Engine Crash and the program reloads with me having to log in again only for the same thing to keep happening. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have a solution. Cheers!
yes just got a Start25 and its doing the same !!!!

In case anyone is wondering, it's the setting in MyDrive Connect here:

Open GL.jpg

That solution looks OK but how can I reach the SETTING when I am not able to login?

Open GL.jpg

That solution looks OK but how can I reach the SETTING when I am not able to login?
You're looking for this icon in your systray (lower right of your screen). It will appear whether you're logged in or not. The green dot may appear if there are updates for your device.

icon.jpg

Same thing's happening to me with the same message (Rendering Engine Crash) and has been for about 2 months, TomTom should sack their programmer and hire someone that knows what they're doing
yes having problems ,a few days ago i tried to update my tom tom with new western europe map half way through it failed and despite having afew goes it still would not work then my tom tom said no maps available download or buy new map ,all maps had been deleted , after a bit of trying i finally managed to uninstall and reinstall the western europe map and it was ok today mydriveconnect says i have 1 update the western europe map i tried to update it and the same thing has happened again , i kept trying eventually decided to uninstall and reinstall my drive connect i did this but it keeps saying rendering engine has crashed and will not open properly so i cannot re install my map onto my tomtom any ideas?

@toby123
Have you tried switching rendering engines in MyDrive per the discussion above?

Thank you for this solution. I had the same problem and it fixed it.
Just to make it clear for anybody else, the setting changes are in the programme and not Windows.
how do i change it when i cant open mydriveconnect it is this that is stopping me opening it

Question have you tried to open Mydrive connect with another browser?
Have you tried with another cable?

@toby123
Have you tried switching rendering engines in MyDrive per the discussion above?

Open GL.jpg

i have the same problem cant log in so cant change settings how do i do it

how do i change it when i cant open mydriveconnect it is this that is stopping me opening it

That also is explained above. When you execute MyDrive Connect, even if you can't log in, you right click the systray icon in the lower right of your screen, and select 'Settings'.

See post #51.

cant get into mydriveconnect to do it
One more try. You don't NEED to log into MyDrive Connect in order to open the systray icon.
Do you SEE that in the lower right of your screen after you execute MyDrive Connect???

Ask a Question