Now! Navcore 7 upgrade for TomTom One v2 and S/N starting with "E"

I went thru the activation process (twice) again and it told me my codes were invalid.

I've had the reactivate issue too, all you need to do is run the flash utility and try to activate again.

flash utility worked for me too.

I have a question about the Flash Utility, it loads onto the card, does it run once and then delete itself?

m

Flash Utility

Where do I get the flash utility and instructions on running it?

Any comments on my other questions, maps, 3rd Edition, etc.?

I followed the work around instructions on my ONE with a serial number starting in E and although the application updated to ver. 7.12 my USA and Canada maps then became inop and I was asking to be reactivated.

I went thru the activation process (twice) again and it told me my codes were invalid.

FYI, my unit had app version 6.560 and USA maps v665.1293 before the upgrade. Actually what I did to be safe was to backup my unit, install and format a new 2GB card, restored to the new card and ran the process on the new card.

The upgrade process also asked me to upgrade to TomTom Home ver. 2, I clicked NO because I didn't want to not be able to go back to my original card if something wasn't right.

BTW, I've been told by tech. support that the E series will NEVER be offically upgraded to Navcore 7.

Please clearify, I see some people mentioning that their maps were also upgraded during the process to 6.75. Am I to believe their is some way for me to receive the update to the new maps without buying them or not?

If getting mapshare is only possible with v 6.75 maps and I have to buy them I might as well purchase a 3rd Edition since I only paid $159 for the E series and the 3rd Edition is only $100 more which is what new maps would cost from what I understand? Is there any reason why I'd want to keep the E series (New Edition) vs. getting a 3rd Edition?

Does the 3rd Edtion still have a SiRFIII chip set?

Thanks,

Dave

The 3rd Edition (the one with the silver face) has the Hammerhead chip and no SD card slot so you're stuck with 1GB. That's the reason why you would keep the E series 2nd Edition so it's expandable.

Chipset and compatibility

The 3rd Edition (the one with the silver face) has the Hammerhead chip and no SD card slot so you're stuck with 1GB. That's the reason why you would keep the E series 2nd Edition so it's expandable.

So I'm assuming the SiRFIII chip set is better then the Hammerhead?

If I choose to update my ONE to 7.12, how do I get the new maps to do mapsharing? (e-mail me if you have to)

Am I limited to the 6.75 maps or will it support 7 and above?

Can you run TOMTOM HOME 2 on 6.5 software?

Can't believe they topped the 3RD Edition off at 1GB, that leaves no room at all!

What other models in the GO series are worth looking at that support NAVCORE 7, does the XL, and the rest of the GO series?

Thanks,

Dave

Last edited:
So I'm assuming the SiRFIII chip set is better then the Hammerhead?

Both chip sets do what they are supposed to do. However, the "Hammerhead" version has to share system resources, whereas the SiRFFIII version does not. That difference may have some impact on the performance of the unit.

If I choose to update my ONE to 7.12, how do I get the new maps to do map sharing? (e-mail me if you have to). Am I limited to the 6.75 maps or will it support 7 and above?

On a version 2 unit, you absolutely must have the 6.75 (or later) map set to activate MapShare. Once the One recognizes that 6.75 is onboard, the MapShare function icons become available. The 7.xx maps, though not currently available, will be supported on the One V2 units.

Can you run TOMTOM HOME 2 on 6.5 software?

Home 2 does support the 6.5x (and above) system.

What other models in the GO series are worth looking at that support NAVCORE 7, does the XL, and the rest of the GO series?

All TomTom models now support NavCore 7. Do a little research at the TomTom site for specific model features.

Last edited:
Maps

Thanks, now if I could only find the 6.75 maps.

P.S. The only time I was prompted to install HOME v2 was when my card was in a reader by itself, do I need to reinstall it in a reader alone to be prompted again and hence upgrade to HOME version 2?

:eek:

Last edited:
Bump

Thanks, now if I could only find the 6.75 maps.

P.S. The only time I was prompted to install HOME v2 was when my card was in a reader by itself, do I need to reinstall it in a reader alone to be prompted again and hence upgrade to HOME version 2?

:eek:

Bump Anyone?

This is because you are trying to fool HOME to update to NavCore 7 along with HOME 2. If you connect your device it will recognize it and 'deny' the devices not eligable for the update.

Why the sudden slow down? they were releasing it pretty quickly for the XL and ONE "Z" ... and then what happened? Did they forget the rest of us?

Maps 6.75 PDA?

A friend has Maps version 6.75 on a PDA, are they the same Maps that ship on GPS devices, i.e. could I try them on my ONE to checkout the map sharing?

Map Share Updates?

Are people receiving mapshare updates on their One's? Home is uploading my corrections but never have any to download. I read somewhere that TomTom's server is not up and running yet and is why no map corrections are available yet. Any news on this yet?? Or is anyone receiving corrections?

I couldn't seem to find a answer anywhere else on the forum....please forgive me if the answer is somewhere in here.

Are people receiving mapshare updates on their One's? Home is uploading my corrections but never have any to download. I read somewhere that TomTom's server is not up and running yet and is why no map corrections are available yet. Any news on this yet?? Or is anyone receiving corrections?

I couldn't seem to find a answer anywhere else on the forum....please forgive me if the answer is somewhere in here.
Navocre 7 is officially available for ONE "E" serial!

Ask a Question