Now! Navcore 7 upgrade for TomTom One v2 and S/N starting with "E"

Thanks for the screen shots Peaty!

Glad it worked out for you.

So far, I haven't had any problems...other than that some previously installed or otherwise usable add-in or helper applications are now obsoleted.

TomTom has stopped providing updates for the TomTom System SDK (Software Development Kit.) Without an updated development environment, many of the popular add-ins have frozen to death at the 6.56 system version. Sigh....!

Nav7 with older maps

It sounds like the install will not overwrite your older map and without v675 you won't benefit from MapShare? is that correct,

But the older map will work OK (other than MapShare)?

thanks, j

Traffic

Is it coincidence that this morning's traffic seemed to be not working with this upgrade? Are the two related? Other than that this is great! It even now shows what street you are on!

"6. Select the third instance of "TomTom ONE New Edition" and click OK."

For some reason, I'm only given one instance of "TomTom ONE New Edition", and it has an asterisk.

Anyone have any ideas on what the problem is, or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Make sure that your TomTom is not connected to your computer.

"6. Select the third instance of "TomTom ONE New Edition" and click OK."

For some reason, I'm only given one instance of "TomTom ONE New Edition", and it has an asterisk.

Anyone have any ideas on what the problem is, or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Your TT1 needs to be disconnected from your computer when you perform the upgrade process. TT Home scans for an instance of the existing TT1 hardware. When Home finds the device plugged in, it fails to show the optional devices.

Give it a try again.

Your TT1 needs to be disconnected from your computer when you perform the upgrade process. TT Home scans for an instance of the existing TT1 hardware. When Home finds the device plugged in, it fails to show the optional devices.

Give it a try again.

Thanks for the reply, but I had followed the directions exactly, and had only the sd card in my card reader - the TT1 was still in the car.

I'd love for someone to post what the exact benefits of this update are for us TT1 owners. I don't see much of a difference, and we can't use the 3rd party apps any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love for someone to post what the exact benefits of this update are for us TT1 owners. I don't see much of a difference, and we can't use the 3rd party apps any more.

Sorry the upgrade didn't work for your TT1. I have no idea why it failed, other than for the reasons I posted above. The torrent version you downloaded is not the latest, but it will probably do until TomTom officially releases the specific upgrade you need.

For sure, Navcore is not nearly as compelling when you do not have updateable maps, i.e. 6.75 or 7.x. MapShare, the feature that lets you create and share corrected map details, is REALLY important. I've fixed all kinds of irksome routing problems now, with little or no hassle. Though I don't think TomTom has officially turned on the MapShare server yet, the local modifications I've made are keeping me from pulling out the few remaining strands of my hair.

The new Help/Safety features are likewise hampered on the 6.56 system with the 6.65 map set. The 6.65 maps lack some significant POI detail when compared to the deeper/larger POI data set that is provided with the 6.75 maps. However, just being able to see the street you are currently on, and having the ability to get a succinct "Where am I?" for emergencies, are very welcome additions.

As I have discovered, there isn't a good Navcore user guide...yet. I'm sure one will be compiled by someone eventually...if not by TomTom itself. About all you can do until a guide pops up is to just keep pushing buttons to see what they do. So far, I haven't found a new feature I can't undo if I don't like the state it puts my TT1 in.

Regarding the the loss of some add-ins and helper apps... TomTom needs to get an earful from their disgruntled customers about the decision to drop the SDK updates. Some talented people worked hard to add value to our pre-Navcore units. If ever there was a blunder by TomTom, it is their arrogance and seemingly illogical decision to cut off this major attraction to their product line.
:(

Question: If I went to Best Buy right now, I would look for one starting w/ a "E" serial number. I'm assuming it would come w/ the latest maps (6.75?). Then I would perform this upgrade and it would pretty much turn the V2 unit into a V3 unit? (minus the new look and antenna port)? Meaning mapshare would work....? I have a 720 and mapshare is working...

Version Confusion - It's a headache!

Question: If I went to Best Buy right now, I would look for one starting w/ a "E" serial number. I'm assuming it would come w/ the latest maps (6.75?). Then I would perform this upgrade and it would pretty much turn the V2 unit into a V3 unit? (minus the new look and antenna port)? Meaning mapshare would work....? I have a 720 and mapshare is working...

Using your example...

If you go to Best Buy today, you are virtually guaranteed to only see the TomTom "New Edition" (TomTom 2 with "Hammerhead" GPS chip set, map version 6.65, and serial number beginning with "Z"), and/or the TomTom 3 with Navcore 7 and map version 7.xx. I think the serial number on those units may begin with a "C".

TomTom has been aggressively emptying their inventory of the TomTom 2 "New Edition" with the SiRFFIII chip set, 6.60 or 6.65 map version, and serial number beginning with "E".

To my knowledge, version 2 TomTom Ones sold in the USA DO NOT have the 6.75 maps pre-installed. It's going to be 6.65 and below. The 6.75 map has to be purchased from TomTom separately.

It would seem that TomTom considers the 6.75 map set to be a "Premium" option that you can upgrade to if you choose...and you're willing to jump through all the hoops to get it. Without the 6.75 or 7.0 maps, the Navcore system upgrade with MapShare has limited appeal. The version 7 maps are NOT available for purchase or upgrade at this time. That version is available only as a pre-installation by TomTom on the version 3 Ones. This whole issue should be changing for the better sometime in October.

Last edited:
Version Confusion - It's a headache!

Using your example...

If you go to Best Buy today, you are virtually guaranteed to only see the TomTom "New Edition" (TomTom 2 with "Hammerhead" GPS chip set, map version 6.65, and serial number beginning with "Z"), and/or the TomTom 3 with Navcore 7 and map version 7.xx. I think the serial number on those units may begin with a "C" (someone please correct me if this is wrong.)

TomTom has been aggressively emptying their inventory of the TomTom 2 "New Edition" with the SiRFFIII chip set, 6.60 or 6.65 map version, and serial number beginning with "E".

To my knowledge, version 2 TomTom ONEs sold in the USA DO NOT have the 6.75 maps pre-installed. It's going to be 6.65 and below. The 6.75 map has to be purchased from TomTom separately.

It would seem that TomTom considers the 6.75 map set to be a "Premium" option that you can upgrade to if you choose...and you're willing to jump through all the hoops to get it. Without the 6.75 or 7.0 maps, the Navcore system upgrade with MapShare has limited appeal. The version 7 maps are NOT available for purchase or upgrade at this time. That version is available only as a pre-installation by TomTom on the version 3 ONEs. This whole issue should be changing for the better sometime in October.

Last edited:
iPhone pairing to One

I got the new application in OK but it still will not recognize the iPhone :mad: Thought that would have been fixed...

just like to say hello, ive been sitting on the sidelines for a while, but felt that i had to say thanks for the info to get navcore 7.12 with series e tt ver2, worked a treat :D

Navcore 7 via TT Home

Good morning. I'm new to this forum & I gotta say, you guys are really informative. I haven't seen anything said about TomTom upgrading the ONE thru TT Home. Rather than the work-around I'd be happy to wait for the easier upgrade route. Can I expect TT to allow Home upgrade?

Good morning. I'm new to this forum & I gotta say, you guys are really informative. I haven't seen anything said about TomTom upgrading the ONE thru TT Home. Rather than the work-around I'd be happy to wait for the easier upgrade route. Can I expect TT to allow Home upgrade?

supposed to be the end of the third quarter, but obviously delayed, suspicious types say this is because they have tried to limit the load on their servers, as the work around operates on most versions of one that it has been tried on

oh and hello, newbie myself

Last edited:
Mine isn't working out to well. When I try the upgrade, after I put the card back into the tomtom, all I get is the unit freezing on the Tomtom Hand splash graphic. It never seems to continue. If I re-install the older version of the Tomtom application it works fine again.

My card is a 4GB model with the 6.65 maps installed.

Any ideas?

Mine isn't working out to well. When I try the upgrade, after I put the card back into the tomtom, all I get is the unit freezing on the Tomtom Hand splash graphic. It never seems to continue. If I re-install the older version of the Tomtom application it works fine again.

My card is a 4GB model with the 6.65 maps installed.

Any ideas?

Have you run the flash utility on your 4GB card ever? I found that when I went to a new card (2GB in my case) it would not work unless I did the reflash. Also I'm not sure about this and I hope someone chimes in, do you need 675 maps for the update to work?

UPDATE

I've tried my old 2GB Card and it upgrades no problem. I don't know yet if its the 4GB card, or the set of maps I have on the 4GB thats causing the problem

on the 4GB I have 6.65 versions of North America, USA/Canada, Western Europe

Ask a Question