Now! Navcore 7 upgrade for TomTom One v2 and S/N starting with "E"

No, you don't need 6.75 maps. However...

Also I'm not sure about this and I hope someone chimes in, do you need 675 maps for the update to work?

Peaty,

The 6.75 map set is NOT required to upgrade to Navcore 7.

A substantial benefit of purchasing the 6.75 (or later) maps, is the access to MapShare...a component of the Navcore 7 system. Without the maps, you will not have access to some significant functionality.
:eek:

Hi Upgraded mine with E series.:D

Extremely happy ...
1)Now show current street your route - under pointer
2)Alternerate route via favorites works nicely
3)New Home ver 2...:p
4)New update for my USA/Canada map - If I'm on ever on holidays again.

Unit shows two guided tours in menu - but maybe it's because I have trip master on last menu page. Using TomTom 2 - which upgraded after the upgrade it views menus correctly -

To run the TomTom thru Home I had to wait a day and then it successfully downloaded and update which allows me to operate it thru Home as before.

Only wish there was a hard shut down feature for long extended periods -
Flatens it's dam battery after 2 weeks of non use.

But it still works very good compared to others - In Australia nearly all GPS units use Sensis or is that "Senceless" maps here at a rip off price.

Thanks Wiley - followed your instructions and all went well! Tried it and Suntime even worked.
Showing: App 7.120 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx OS:2303
Map v665.1293

rhys

Thanks Wiley - followed your instructions and all went well! Tried it and Suntime even worked.
Showing: App 7.120 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx OS:2303
Map v665.1293

rhys

rhys,

Glad the upgrade went well. I'm really curious if you have noticed that Suntime may have caused you to lose the "Help me!" icon and duplicated the "Guided tours" icon? There is/was an issue with third party applications not working correctly with the new system. Reversing the Suntime install will put everything back where it belongs. It's easy. I really miss Suntime.

If you aren't seeing any problem, we need to chat!
;)

rhys,

<snip> ... I really miss Suntime.

If you aren't seeing any problem, we need to chat!
;)

Wiley - I've never seen the HELP icon and I do have two Guided Tours. I think that Suntime is worth more to me than HELP or losing one Guided Tour. Is either really worth losing Suntime?
Probably never saw Help because Suntime was already on my unit when I upgraded to Nav 7.
thanks
rhys

Last edited:
Can I put it back to out of box condition?????

Hi guys just joined today and love the site.

I just opened my tomtom this minute its a tomtom one v2 E serial number.

My question is this navcore 7 looks cool. But if i don't like it. Can I put my tomtom back to the way it was out of the box. And if so how.

TomTom Home upgrades to Navcore 7

I do not check here frequently (nor update my TomTom frequently). But I was updating my One XL (s/n starts with C) this morning, and it updated to Navcore7, and updated TomTom Home to v.2. You may not have to do the workaround anymore.

I do not check here frequently (nor update my TomTom frequently). But I was updating my One XL (s/n starts with C) this morning, and it updated to Navcore7, and updated TomTom Home to v.2. You may not have to do the workaround anymore.

This work around is specifically for the ONE v2 (SiRFIII chip set) as there has not been an official release for NavCore 7 for these units.

The ONE XL however does indeed get the NavCore 7 update automatically as its been officially released.

Gersrt -
1st thing would be to DO A COMPLETE BACKUP of your unit. Then install Navcor 7 by following Wiley's instructions. Should you not like it then you should be able to reformat your sd card and reinstall from the backup.
I know you can do it without a total reinstall by using Explorer or some of the disk access programs - I have done it several times. HOWEVER 1 time even though I deleted one of the TT1 programs and installed the updated version both later showed up and played holy **** with my unit until I reformated and reinstalled. So now I do that as a general rule because it is easier than trying to get out of a mess.
I don't think the Navcor 7 makes any changes to the firmware - but you might wait until one of the moderators has a chance to read this post before trying. If I'm leading you astray they should pick up on the mistake and let you know.
Let us know what you decide and how it works out.
rhys

REMEMBER: MAKE A COMPLETE BACKUP FIRST - there are several ways to do that including through TT Home

Anyone know when the official update for "E" serial devices will be available, without having to go through this "Change device" method? And will it be the same 7.12 version?

MapShare works with TT1 v2!!

I'm new to your forum and i hope I am not breaking any rules, but here is my input to this thread. I copy and pasted my remarks from another website becuase it was a long writeup.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
It works on the tomtom one (second edition)! I'm verifying now. Here is the background. I bought the 2nd edition a week ago. worked great minus a few flaws i found out vacationing in a major city. POI telephone numbers, ability to update map for construction and the device remember it the next time. I researched around and found that tomtom made updated software which included the Map Share software. This was the answer, telephone numbers with the POIs (resturants etc) Help Me feature and most of all the Map Share. But, the tomtom website said mapshare is only on the 3rd edition and the XL. Then I called support to verify and they said the MapShare only works on the 3rd edition. The 3rd edition had the MapShare preinstalled and you can download the updated software onto the XL but only the Help Me feature and not the mapshare worked on the XL. Basiclly leading me to buy the 3rd edition. Then I was on your website (great site by the way) and you got it to work on the XL! so then I tried the same thing on the 2nd edition (mine) and wha-la. I go a whole new look, icons, everything. To include the Help Me AND the MAPShare. So now I'm testing it to verify, but it looks like it works. I made a correction and when i connected it to the tomtom home software it said, thank you for your contribution. Haven't downloaded any corrections yet though. it says none are available. Also on my map screen it shows the correction i made in the color red. basiclly I extended the street cause construction of the street was complete. So it shows a white street then it extends in red. So yes looks like you were right. Buy the tomtom one (second edition) for approx $200 now, just last week was $300 and if you can live without the ablility to attach that new reciever accessory, then you have a great gps. my wife loves the new upgrade. I basiclly have a newer, better gps than the one i just used last week.

Posted by: October 3, 2007 10:18 PM

-------------------------------------------------------------------
That was the write up i wrote on another website. Reading through this forum on the V6.75 map works. and somehow when i installed TT home, kept clicking update, connected my TT1 v2 serial number Z, updated it, I GOT THE V6.75 MAPS and thus the new Help Me features and Map Share. Also, I can only send in and view the corrections I MADE. TT Home says there are no new map corrections for me to download. When i made my map correction is said "thanks for your contribution" Hope this helps.

P.S. this was all done last night (OCT 3, 2007) and after doing some browsing it looks like TT said they would put this upgrade out at the end of SEP 07. thus it looks like they did. So if you can live without the ability to attach the $129 reciever assessory to the TT1 3rd edition then buy TT1 v2 at an unbealiveable price now approx $199-$229

You mention you have the Help Me funtion working? A couple posters says when they click on it they get some mesage saying not available. Is it now included in the update?

You mention you have the Help Me funtion working? A couple posters says when they click on it they get some mesage saying not available. Is it now included in the update?

and am i correct in thinking it is now available for the e serials aswell:confused:

I tried to update using a Macbook multiple times. Reviewed the instructions, followed to a "T" and my Macbook is saying the card is write-protected. It isn't, the lock switch isn't engaged, and there is plenty of space on it.

I did a complete backup using Home, connected a card reader, tried the update path directions, didn't work. Also tried all of this on a Windows PC, no luck...keeps saying it is read-only.

Help! (yes my serial starts with an E)

Your computer is not recognizing the card...

I tried to update using a Macbook multiple times. Reviewed the instructions, followed to a "T" and my Macbook is saying the card is write-protected. It isn't, the lock switch isn't engaged, and there is plenty of space on it.

I did a complete backup using Home, connected a card reader, tried the update path directions, didn't work. Also tried all of this on a Windows PC, no luck...keeps saying it is read-only.

Help! (yes my serial starts with an E)

The fact that your laptop and a stand-alone reader (on another computer) fail to access the card, indicates a hardware problem that is totally unrelated to the upgrade procedure. About all you can do is to try a different SD card.

What is the make and size of the card that is failing?

I updated my ONE using the procedure here with my card reader. The "HELP ME" works great. When you hit HELP ME it comes up with a menu with options like My Location (very explicit with cross streets, etc. for telling someone exactly where you are), Nearest Hospital, Nearest Police Station, etc. I don't remember all the options now.

Interestingly, when I selected Nearest Police Station it showed the County Office Building since there are Sheriff's Deputies on duty there, so it would be the closest place to get help. Then it showed the city police station further down the street.

Jim

USA_and_Canada not active after work around?

I followed the work around instructions on my ONE with a serial number starting in E and although the application updated to ver. 7.12 my USA and Canada maps then became inop and I was asking to be reactivated.

I went thru the activation process (twice) again and it told me my codes were invalid.

FYI, my unit had app version 6.560 and USA maps v665.1293 before the upgrade. Actually what I did to be safe was to backup my unit, install and format a new 2GB card, restored to the new card and ran the process on the new card.

The upgrade process also asked me to upgrade to TomTom Home ver. 2, I clicked NO because I didn't want to not be able to go back to my original card if something wasn't right.

BTW, I've been told by tech. support that the E series will NEVER be offically upgraded to Navcore 7.

Please clearify, I see some people mentioning that their maps were also upgraded during the process to 6.75. Am I to believe their is some way for me to receive the update to the new maps without buying them or not?

If getting mapshare is only possible with v 6.75 maps and I have to buy them I might as well purchase a 3rd Edition since I only paid $159 for the E series and the 3rd Edition is only $100 more which is what new maps would cost from what I understand? Is there any reason why I'd want to keep the E series (New Edition) vs. getting a 3rd Edition?

Does the 3rd Edtion still have a SiRFIII chip set?

Thanks,

Dave

Ask a Question