north american map

I have a North America 2GB map. How do I go about getting the North American map?

As far as I know, there is only one North American Map for each type of TomTom.

Please let us know what type of TomTom you have and what type of North American Map you are looking for. For example, are you looking to update your current North American map or do you have the most current North American map (version 8.25) and are looking for additional POI's?

You can't. Anything below 9 series gets 2GB version, even if you have 2,741 TB available.

After my first reply, I read a post where someone with a 720 was offered two different maps (probably the 720 version and the 920 version by accident) when using their latest map guarantee. The OP had made a comment that he wasn't given two choices, I assume this is what he was talking about.

As far as I know the only difference between the two maps are the larger 920 gets more POI's; and those
can by transferred onto an SDHC Card along with the map easily.

I read on some thread that someone was told the 920 maps also shows more rivers and lakes; but I live in the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" and every time I pass by one (or over a river) they always show up on my 720 map.

After my first reply, I read a post where someone with a 720 was offered two different maps (probably the 720 version and the 920 version by accident) when using their latest map guarantee. The OP had made a comment that he wasn't given two choices, I assume this is what he was talking about.

As far as I know the only difference between the two maps are the larger 920 gets more POI's; and those
can by transferred onto an SDHC Card along with the map easily.

I read on some thread that someone was told the 920 maps also shows more rivers and lakes; but I live in the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" and every time I pass by one (or over a river) they always show up on my 720 map.

I wonder if you're talking about me... This is what happened when TomTom sent me a 920 map instead of a 720 map by mistake.

yay.jpg

doesntwork.jpg

Then they sent me 2 more maps by mistake. I was going through hell that day.

nope.jpg

After sending me a bunch of maps, the 5th one FINALLY worked. All this happened to me when trying to get the lastest map 815 (was 2 days old at the time)

Even though the Non-2gb didn't show the red message the last time, it still wouldn't work on my 720 no matter what.

Last edited:

Ask a Question