Latest North American Map for Go 720

I just got a new 720 from BB. I have done all the updates using HOME. It now shows I have firmware version 8.300 and map version North America_2gb 710.1684.

Yet, when I look at tomtom.com, it appears there is a version 8.15, but HOME tells me I have the latest version and if I try to use the 30-day guarantee, it also says I have the latest.

Any explanation?

I just got a new 720 from BB. I have done all the updates using HOME. It now shows I have firmware version 8.300 and map version North America_2gb 710.1684.

Yet, when I look at tomtom.com, it appears there is a version 8.15, but HOME tells me I have the latest version and if I try to use the 30-day guarantee, it also says I have the latest.

Any explanation?

I have the same issue.......

after reading the forum for a few hours, i have since restored my tomtom back to out of the box state and back to the original firmware

app: 7.221
map: 710.1584

Any explanation?

Yep, Tomtom's Latest Map Guarantee in Home doesn't work well as you've seen.

You need to call support at 866-486-6866. Expect to be asked to provide a scan, fax, or photo of your sales receipt and they'll add the map to your account. They are used to this kind of call. :(

yeah, thats what I did, i just took a pic with my AA1's webcam, its not as straightforward as TT Home, but quite easy anyway.

Ask a Question