Did I delete my North American maps

I have North American 720. I just visited France and therefore bought a European Map. The day before I left I bought an SD Card - but with a lot of other things going on I could not find the SD Card when it was time to download the European Map - so I deleted my NA Map and downloaded the European Map.

Everything went great and the 720 got me around the South of France with no problems.

Now I am back and have found the SD card. Tomorrow we leave for a trip the Californian Central coast so I thought I would put the SD card in the 720 and then re-install the NA map - BUT TomTom Home now wants me to buy a new NA map - a map I already own. Is this really right - does TomTom really have no way to tell from my account that already own the map? I guess I am used to the iTunes model.

Help I don't want to have to buy a map I already own...

If you are saying you simply deleted the NA map without backing it up then you have a problem.

If the 720 NA map was an upgrade from what originally came on your unit, it should be found here:

c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Maps\

and you can reinstall it.

However, if the map you deleted was the original, you'll have to buy a new one. Version 855 was just released today and you can get a subscription at TomTom for four updates over the next year.

Actually you can get 4 + 2 updates.

TT has a promotion on at the moment and they give you 6 updates for the price of 4.

I just updated my subscription last week. And if you have a US credit card you will not be charged in Euros and no vat.

Ask a Question