North American map revisions?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920
I was on the TomTom site and it indicates that the North American map is at Rev 7.20. My TomTom indicates my map version is 710.1576. How do I reconcile this and also, how can I tell if I really have an up to date map that TomTom Home keeps telling me?

Tap the satellite bars to see the firmware version number. Now, tap the version number to see the map version and build installed. If it says 7.10, then that's what you have.

If your unit is less than 30 days old, you're entitled to a free map upgrade (7.20 is the latest ...). Home's Latest Map guarantee is notoriously flakey. If you are in the 30-day window, call Support. Believe me, they're used to this type of call. They'll probably want a scan, fax or photo of your sales receipt.

If you are beyond the 30 days, you can always buy the 720 map ... if you think you really need it.

I just recently had 7.15 show up in Home without having tried to purchase it or anything. I downloaded and installed it and it works great. Free upgrade?

I just recently had 7.15 show up in Home without having tried to purchase it or anything. I downloaded and installed it and it works great. Free upgrade?
If you bought your unit within 30 days then they should give you the latest v720.1803 instead of the older one v715.xxxx.
If you bought your unit well over 30 days, yayyyyy, if no charge, then download it.

TT 730 has lane guidence....so I'm assuming it has map v8. If this is the case, can 720 use 730's map v8 and get lane guidence?

Z.

TT 730 has lane guidence....so I'm assuming it has map v8. If this is the case, can 720 use 730's map v8 and get lane guidence?

Z.

Rumor is yes, but from what I've read here:
* When you download a map, it's coded to a particular unit, so you can't just copy from a 730 to a 720. Somehow you'd have to fool the software into believing that your 720 was a model 730 with the same serial number or whatever characteristics they use to track that. It seems a few people have been able to accomplish this, but as it's technically piracy, don't expect a post here to describe the process in detail.
* TomTom has frequently stated that they don't intend the x30 features to work on a x20 (after all, the goal of a business is to make money). I half-expect them to release the v8 maps, and then handicap the following firmware release to disable the feature like they did with voice recognition on the 720's.

Rumor is yes, but from what I've read here:
* When you download a map, it's coded to a particular unit, so you can't just copy from a 730 to a 720. Somehow you'd have to fool the software into believing that your 720 was a model 730 with the same serial number or whatever characteristics they use to track that. It seems a few people have been able to accomplish this, but as it's technically piracy, don't expect a post here to describe the process in detail.
* TomTom has frequently stated that they don't intend the x30 features to work on a x20 (after all, the goal of a business is to make money). I half-expect them to release the v8 maps, and then handicap the following firmware release to disable the feature like they did with voice recognition on the 720's.

word. exactly.

Ask a Question