TomTom One XL and North American Maps

I have just found out that you need the North American Maps for more detail. Is it even possible to install the North American Map into the TomTom One XL? If it is possible what size memory card do I need? I just bought this TomTom so are there any promotions available? I just paid $250 for this device and I am not crazy about having to pay even more for a more detailed map. My friend's GPS uses Navteq and they did not have to pay extra for a more detailed map. Their GPS is a Iway (made by Lowrance). If there is no way to get the more detailed map on at all back to the store this GPS goes. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Yes it is possible to have North America maps.
My ONE has North America map 665 on it.

Just purchase a 2GB SD card and purchase the North America maps. I'm not sure if the free map upgrade will only allow the latest map for US_and_Canada and not for NA maps.

If you purchase the North America maps through TomTom UK's website, you can have it installed on the SD card. If you do a search, a few members have done this.

Ask a Question