No Maps Found! After Update Go Live 820

Nice one S_E, so you've got updated maps etc. I see there's a new application version to download, I may be back shortly :dance::cool:

Prem,
I'm not so sure that all is well - when I switch it on, it asks me to select "language", "left/right handed" and then "home country" with a choice of 4 Iberian countries. I'm more than a little scared to choose one of the countries and will wait until I get home (office firewall doesn't allow mytomtom to connect) and try to update. I have UK ROI map subscription so no need for freebie maps - and no desire for Iberian maps!

Of wider interest may be the screen that appears after I hold down the power button for 15 seconds. Screenshot attached. Looks like they may have added some firmware to support "no maps found" and similar issues. Can't tell you what Factory Tools are because I haven't played with them yet - don't want to have to RMA again!

Attachments

• IMG00213-20120330-1343.jpg
    IMG00213-20120330-1343.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 320
Ooh, that DOES ring some bells!

I'm sure I saw that once and reported it in "the other place", dhn.

It's an internal TomTom thing that shouldn't be left on devices sent to the public.

Got home and connected to PC. Nothing doing.
Gave up and clicked on Andorra as my home country. Then all as usual except showing Andorran map.
Eventually managed to get new device linked to my existing MyTomTom account.
Downloaded UK&ROI map update, choose Reset to Factory Settings, then asked to choose between Iberian maps and UK&ROI.
Chose UK&ROI and all looking good until told I had chosen a recorded human voice which cannot read street names. Tried to switch voices but only one voice says that it speaks street names and that's Monica, who speaks - you guessed it - Spanish.

=> Further evidence that I've been sent a unit configured/destined for Spain. Will go back to Support and suspect another RMA is on the card. Might have wee play with Factory Tools ...

To put the icing on the cake, just received this from TomTom, "Dear Customer, We arranged a repair for you 10 days ago, however it looks like we have not yet received your item, so we just wanted to check up on the situation."

Truth to tell, I don't think I have ever heard of a user having the original unit returned under RMA if there was actually any fault found with the unit. Keep us posted.

Ask a Question