No Maps Found om my XXL550 after update!

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 550
Hi,

I am extremely upset. I have been getting reminders that I should update my TT, so I updated it like i usually do, but this time when I go to power up my TT after I have completed the update process I get NO MAPS FOUND. If there is a problem with a version of HOME or the update....why would it be available for me to update my TT???? Now I get a message that says there is not enough memory on my TT for the new map....so I tried to remove excess item to free up space and HOME tells me there is still not enough room and HOME can't free up more space-sorry! What the heck is HOME for if I can't manage my TT??????????? Can someone help me out with this? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Todd

I am a PC user. I contacted tech support -USA- via phone and went through several processes...then ultimately did a format of the TomTom Drive from My Computer. Now I wait for the new map to download again ...4 hours ...to see if my Tom Tom is back up and running.
I think I lost all my voices, color schemes, and stuff I really liked unless I can find it on my PC. I hope this problem does not re-occur in the future...I really like my Tom Tom besides this incident ...and I really don't want to buy another brand of GPS but I will if I continue to have memory issues with this unit. I know I don't have the most expensive model, but I do consider the amount of money I paid for it, a good chunk of cash.

Thanks for your reply!
Todd

Well, you should always make an Explorer, not Home, backup prior to doing any updates.

toddzjeep, check this link.

Be sure to read the "for all users" section just below the For Mac Users section.

Ask a Question