"No Maps Found" message after map update

TomTom Model(s)
GO 630
Having updated to the 2GB N American maps recently, with everything seemingly gong fine, I now get a "no Maps Found" message when I boot my device. All the files seem to be there and the download went well. I show adequate space on the drive.

Since the 630 did not include lifetime maps, I assume you have purchased a subscription?

Did this problem begin immediately after your update to the v900 North_America_2GB map?

Do you have a backup of your device from prior to the v900 update?

I purchased one new map, not a subscription.
Problem began when I first tried to start unit after this update.
Yes, I performed the backup, so I assume the file exists somewhere on my computer.
(Thanks for the help)

It should be here:

C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps\

or

C:\Users\username\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\map (if Windows 7/VISTA)

and you can try to install it manually. See here:

https://www.tomtomforums.com/t18197-how-install-downloaded-map-without-using-home.html

But first .......

Connect to Home to see if a newer application is offered for your device (the latest is 9.045)

All the downloaded files you have mentioned on my C-drive are already in the TomTom unit. I went through the process you described and they were over-written.

Same problem when I boot the unit: "No Maps Found"

Ask a Question