No maps found

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I tried to update my XXL Classic installing just the free updates on offer. Halfway through reinstalling the Europe map, I got a message saying no file found.Not sure what I did next, but result was a message on GPS "No maps found". Went through the instructions for updating and restoring from backup but nothing worked I now have a useless bit of kit
Any suggestions, please.

You'll need to call support on Monday then:

France
01 70 36 35 82
du lundi au vendredi de 09h00 à 17h30

This may be a silly question but, you show having a 720 but you are trying to update an XXL Classic.

Did you make an Windows Explorer back up of the XXL.
If yes, try just dragging the map onto the map folder.

I trust you have made a 'pin' reset of the device.

Hmm... good point, Arno. I wonder if he is trying to update a friend's unit for them, or ??? If he's using Home with the old 720 registration, it's going to confuse the heck out of Home.

No maps found ! . Maps are corupted due to software or hardware glitch and there for file related to map have got corupted and not showing. new maps need to be installed but will need activating buy purchasing latest maps.

No maps found ! . Maps are corupted due to software or hardware glitch and there for file related to map have got corupted and not showing. new maps need to be installed but will need activating buy purchasing latest maps.
Have you ever backed up your unit in full? Have you ever updated your map with a new full map? If either of these are true, we should at least be able to restore a copy from your PC to your device.

Ask a Question