"No Maps Found!" message after updating existing map. Please help

Hi, I have only just bought a TomTom Go 730.

I switched it on the other day and it told me that I had to install the software on my computer to load the voices on etc.

I installed the software and connected my TomTom up to my Mac when it prompted me with a message saying that there was a new version of the Western Europe maps available for download, so I began the download.

It said that it was 2Gb and would take about an hour so I left it to download. I came back after a while and there was about less then a minute to go when it suddenly stopped the download and said something about not enough memory being available so the download wasn't complete.

I then disconnected my TomTom and started it up to find that it now comes up with ther message "No Maps Found!" and thats it, I can't do anything else!

I reconnected my TomTom to my Mac and checked what was going on, when I checked the map info it said that the map I had needed an activation code which I didn't have and then when you clicked on the info bar it just said that the map I had downloaded would not work with my device!

I have followed other peoples suggestions about copying the files from the TomTom in to a backup folder and then deleting the map from my TomTom whilst reinstalling the TomTom home software but when I go to update the software it just says that everything is up to date even though I don't have a map! Why is it not updating my TomTom with the latest map like before?

I have a holiday booked this Tuesday and need this device URGENTLY for my trip but now I'm left with nothing thanks to the great HOME software and great updates from TomTom.

Please can someone help me, I'm absolutely desperate!

Thanks in advance

Dan

Anything here help?

Also, when you use Finder, do you see a map folder on your backup? In other words, can you use Finder to restore to at least the previous map?

same problem

Hi, Got a tomtom xl iq routes an have seemingly the same problem. after updating the map it gave an error and I only get up no maps found. only when I try to restore I am told that I have to remove more 1209 mb, which is far more than I can select via tomtom home.

By 'restore', you made a backup prior to getting the update? And, if so, was it made with Explorer, rather than Home?

Hi, Got a tomtom xl iq routes an have seemingly the same problem. after updating the map it gave an error and I only get up no maps found. only when I try to restore I am told that I have to remove more 1209 mb, which is far more than I can select via tomtom home.

Remove foreign voices, then you'll have space for your map. Don't listen to the space requirements, HOME's report is inacurate.

Ask a Question