New Updates

Glad I could be of help! ;)
On my device the upgrade went smoothly and the only issue left was that brightness thing... otherwise Mapshare seems to work ok with maps v675.

Does anyone know if there is a clear flash utility also for the One units? Maybe I could try that to see if it actually helps or not...

Still, when the upgrade is available for the "E" S/N series I'm going to restore a v6 backup and perform the update again. (no problem whatsoever with restoring as I've tried it before)

Toni2047,

Your last post was exactly what I needed. It turns out that if the TT1 is plugged into the computer, the "Change target device" button is grayed out and is not available. Once I disconnected the TT1, put the card in the card reader and restarted Home 1.5, the button became available and the upgrade process went smoothly.

At this time, my One v2 with SiRFFIII (s/n starting with "E"), with the 6.75 maps...is fully upgraded and FULLY FUNCTIONAL. So far, the boot-up speed is normal, MapShare works, there is no brightness control issue, and there are no voice problems whatsoever. The version of Navcore is 7.120.8459, and the map is 6.75.1409. Note... I purchased the map a couple of months ago.

I'm going to write up and post a formal upgrade method, based on your helpful information. I know that a lot of folks are having a hard time waiting for TomTom to finally do the right thing.

I gave you a rep point for your excellent and timely help. Thanks.
:D

Ask a Question