New Updates

Connected my One and logged into TTHome and got a bunch of new updates today -

1. TT Home v2.0.0.370 (I was still using v1)
2. TT Aplication v7.120
3. Retail Stores POI v414
4. Also updated a few purchased voices I had.

I am using map v665.1293. Map Share does NOT work. Here is the message I recieve:

"This map is out of date and is not supported by Map Share technology. Please use TomTom Home or visit www.tomtom.com to upgrade your map."

The help features are nice, not a fan of the new light blue color scheme.

I can confirm when hitting map corrections no go map out of date.

Not much new in my area for the updated POI's

Would have been nice if they moved the clear route to the first menu page.

When navigating to and it plots the route there is now a select alternative route button next to details and done.

Other than that not much I have found. Sucks if we have to pay for the new maps to use mapshare.

1st Post long time reader great forum.....

You would be correct no change of icon. It seems the 720 have 8 pages of change preferences The ONe has 7 still.

Is there not a way through the new TOMTOM home V2.0 to just add them to your art files somehow? Or only on the above model

Last edited:
Here are the requirements for Map Share from TT website:

"TomTom Map Share requires application version 7.xx and map version 675.1409 (or higher) to be installed on the device. At the moment, only TomTom GO 720 and TomTom GO 520 are using this application and map version. We plan to release software and map updates around the end of Q3 / 2007 to enable other TomTom devices to make use of this great technology."

Im not too familar with the new maps right now.
is map 675.1409 for both North America map and US_and_Canada?
I dont know if it will make a difference which map it is.
Im sure all XL users have the US_and_Canada version, right?

How is TomTom deciding who gets it...when?

Does anyone know what methodology TomTom is using to roll out the firmware upgrade?

I'm not seeing anything offered on Home 2.0 for my TT1 V2 with the 6.75 map set.

Unless I'm reading the previous posts incorrectly, some ARE getting the Navcore firmware upgrade for the TT1 v2. Why not everyone?

I'm trying to get some information out of TomTom via the phone, but they seem to be pretty clueless about the process. I've received about four different strategies to try, only to have the CS person say "Oops! I guess that won't work. Never mind." Next stop... SSD (Special Services Department). The phone queue wait is taking 10 to 20 minutes at the CS number: (866) 486-6866 in the USA. I'm getting REAL tired of the on-hold music loop.

One of the CS reps did say that there IS some way to force the upgrade to the Navcore app, but the process has not been clearly explained to the customer service drones.

I'll be back.

Does anyone know what methodology TomTom is using to roll out the firmware upgrade?

I'm not seeing anything offered on Home 2.0 for my TT1 V2 with the 6.75 map set.

Unless I'm reading the previous posts incorrectly, some ARE getting the Navcore firmware upgrade for the TT1 v2. Why not everyone?

I'm trying to get some information out of TomTom via the phone, but they seem to be pretty clueless about the process. I've received about four different strategies to try, only to have the CS person say "Oops! I guess that won't work. Never mind." Next stop... SSD (Special Services Department). The phone queue wait is taking 10 to 20 minutes at the CS number: (866) 486-6866 in the USA. I'm getting REAL tired of the on-hold music loop.

One of the CS reps did say that there IS some way to force the upgrade to the Navcore app, but the process has not been clearly explained to the customer service drones.

I'll be back.
That would be fantastic if you could ascertain this method for us. I don't think anyone here on the forum likes the idea of waiting endlessly for this update. :)

Navcore availability - UPDATE

I'll be back.

UPDATE ! ! !

I just cleared with the top-tier SSD support representative. After an hour of testing on his end, TomTom has determined that the roll-out methodology is broken on their end. Two TT Ones with identical configurations may have differing upgrade experiences.

As far as their release notes go, all versions of TomTom should be receiving the upgrade NOW. They are mystified about why some device upgrades are successful and others are not. I was specifically told that the problem is on TomTom's side, not on the user's. It seems that all we can do now is.....wait.

UPDATE ! ! !

I just cleared with the top-tier SSD support representative. After an hour of testing on his end, TomTom has determined that the roll-out methodology is broken on their end. Two TT Ones with identical configurations may have differing upgrade experiences.

As far as their release notes go, all versions of TomTom should be receiving the upgrade NOW. They are mystified about why some device upgrades are successful and others are not. I was specifically told that the problem is on TomTom's side, not on the user's. It seems that all we can do now is.....wait.

Oh man, that's unfortunate. But at least they recognize that there is an indeed a problem...

Ask a Question