New TomTom frozen on connection screen

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 130
Hi all,

I was hoping someone could help me here, since I can't find anything about this in the user manual or on the TomTom website.

This question is regarding the TomTom 130.

I was successful at getting my TomTom to download its updates from the web, however, the device has been stuck on the connection screen ever since. I have disconnected it and reconnected it, powered it up and down, and I've tried the 15 second power button reset.

It doesn't matter if it is connected to the USB or not, it will not leave the connected/not-connected screen. Is there a way to get it to recognize that I am no longer interested in interfacing with the computer so that I can get the regular startup screen? Regardless of how it is disconnected or restarted, it keeps flashing the red 'X' until it is reconnected and there seems to be no way to end the interface mode either via the computer or the device itself.

I'm a newbie to this type of thing, so if you have any ideas, please share.

Thanks so much for your time.

Ask a Question