tomtom one XL... Screen frozen help needed

Hi im after a bit of help with my tom tom one xl.

when i turn the satnav on the tom tom screen comes on, it satnav will not turn off unless it is reset.. I have tried resetting it, formating it.. and still dosnt working.. is frozen on the tom tom screen at the moment.

I have the feeling its a easyish problem to sort out.. if someone has the knowledge..

Ive had a look on google and seems like a common fault with this module.. but for repairing it.. they would be charging about ?50.. i might as well buy a new one if i am going to pay that.

Any help would be amazing..

Cheers

Claire

Well, you can try this......

Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. Then use Explorer to delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Connect to Home and install the application that will be offered. Disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Try it now and see if it starts up and shuts down properly.

Told you the steps in my first post. In my second post, I told you how to do the Explorer backup.

Then, once that is done, you use Explorer to delete all the loose files in the root of the unit. These are the ones not in any folder.

Another way, after the backup, is to do this......

Start Home, Manage my Unit, Device, application. Highlight it and select it for removal. You will get a warning message but do it anyway.

Then disconnect the unit from the Home properly. Close Home. Connect the unit to the computer. Start Home.

At this point it will offer the application. Accept and install.

Thank you for your help.. the instructions you have given may be easy for you to understand.. but i wouldn't say they are very easy to understand.

Sorry for bothering you.

Ask a Question