New Map

Check if West Edmonton Mall is on the new ONE's map lol.

I'm also curious to know why it's smaller. If I'm being optimistic, that means they've found a way to compress the data. If I'm being pessimistic, that means they've taken more out than they've put in....

Yeah.. so it's neither on the new 910 maps or the ONE maps?? jeez. Biggest mall in Canada and it's not on the map.

Does the North America map include Hawaii? I guess the North America map includes US lower 48 States, Alaska, Canada, and Mexico. And the US/Canada map includes US lower 48, Alaska, and Canada only (Hawaii?). Like others, I wish they would provide more written information/direction for the DVD.

They both include Hawaii and Puerto Rico, as well as Canada. The only difference I can find on TomTom's site is the 910 includes Europe. I too wished there was more written information about this. I strongly suspect that the North America map includes more POI data, among other things.

They both include Hawaii and Puerto Rico, as well as Canada. The only difference I can find on TomTom's site is the 910 includes Europe. I too wished there was more written information about this. I strongly suspect that the North America map includes more POI data, among other things.

The question in my mind was the difference between "USA and Canada" map and "North America" map. The first one is 896.4 MB and the second one is 1.4GB. I don't think Mexico alone, if that is the only difference, for the North America map will have over 500MB of data.

I recently read on another forum that a member called TT support and asked this exact question. He was told the difference is POI data. I went out today and bought a 2g SD card, copied my 1g card onto the new card, and am installing the North America map on the 2g card to use in my ONE. It's installing right now. Will report back as to how it works.

Yeah, USA/Canada incls Hawaii and Alaska.

Looking forward to hearing the process fanchee. The only issue is that since I ordered my DVD for the ONE, I don't think I'll be able to load up the North America map for the GO since you said it came in two DVDs.

LOL - I think I'm still being unclear. The reason I got 2 DVDs is because I ordered the maps for my ONE and for my 910. Instead of sending just one DVD with 2 product codes, they sent 2 separate DVDs, each with their own product code. But the DVDs were identical.

Mr T

The new map showed up this week , they still did not confirm an order and have not billed for the postage ?, not that I am complaining but they seem to be slow in responding to questions.

Waiting to see from other posters if a 2GB card will work ,some say yes , some say no, Pedro what are your thoughts regarding this.

Regards Mr T.

Ask a Question