New Map

According to gpspassion.com (http://www.gpspassion.com/fr/news.asp#news_119), the new map is out. Here is the qoute:

Updated December 11th, 2006
TomTom have just released new maps, both in Europe with the 2006.7 TeleAtlas set and in the USA with the 2006.6 TeleAtlas set. While the TeleAtlas European maps are considered equivalent to the Navteq maps, the perception has been different in the US, with Navteq maps having the edge overall as discussed here. The TeleAtlas 2006.6 maps have been announced as bringing major improvements, possibly because they are the first maps that include the GDT data that TeleAtlas purchased last year, ...

How do we get them?

no idea. Haven't received anything from TomTom.

Right now, I'm running map version 6.60 which so far no one has???

Does anyone know where and how to get the free upgrade for those who bought the TT1 in the past couple of months and with map version 6.5?

Spoke to TT support a few days ago and they said no maps had been released just yet. Recent TT1 users will get a free update and notified as long as they are registered and signed up for the newsletter.

Jetland

I just purchased a TomTom One last week at BestBuy here in TX. The maps that came with it are 660.1215. I believe this is the new map, but could be wrong.

Here is a little more details. When you click on the "Buy Now" button, it will ask you for the serial number of your TomTom device. If you bought you device recently, you will only be charged for the shipping ($6).

yeah.. but the thing is, what version is this new map?

if it's 6.60.1215, then I already have it. IOW, you're getting it for free other than shipping but it might be the same map as the one that's loaded in your map right now.

We'll wait for the others to update and see what version number it is.

Nice... Thanks for the post. Free Maps will be on the way soon, well $6.00 shipping. I wonder what percentage of Tomtom customer never update maps - I bet 85% or more never have a clue.

They do ask you to enter your product code to see if you have the latest version of map system. Mine was v650.1109, though I bought it in October. According to this: http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=65678&whichpage=6, this new version is a significant improvement. I don't know if yours is the same or not. You can go to the link I provided earlier, enter the product code, and check if you have the latest.
I have 6.60.1215 and when I enter the product code, it says mine is up-to-date.

Now, if this new version is 6.60.1215, then I won't have to update at all. However, if it is another, more recent version, then I might as well take advantage of the "free" offer. Currently, my map is updated in some places (one rest. that's barely ? a year old is actually on the map) while in other places, it's out of date (the new outlets have been there for nearly 1? years and it's not shown)

Order confirmation

I submited my request for the map update yesterday and have not recieved confirmation from Tom Tom, has anyone else ordered there`s?, I do not even see it on my order items list.
Regards Mr T.

Ask a Question