New Map

Confirmation

I got my confirmation right after I placed my order. They said they were going to ship USPS and it would be 3 to 4 weeks. They also said I would get an email when the update ships.

Mr T

The reason I did not get a confirmation was that my serial number was locked out , probably due to my errors in the ordering process, I am not at all familiar with this on line stuff.

I do have a few questions for those who are experienced users.
One - If I wanted to get a map of the UK or Europe can I use it here in California to pre plan routes over there, in other words plan a trip from London to Scotland and save it in the device prior to leaving California.

Second - Is it better to have the european map on a new SD card or have all maps on a larger SD card , I was think it better to have seperate cards in case of misplacement.

Regards Mr T.

I contacted Tom Tom support regarding my serial # being locked , it can only be entered one time , they insist that the order as been shipped and should arrive in 3-4 weeks.
I still do not have confirmation on my orders page and also have not yet been billed the $6, so I have sent in a e-mail to confirm this .
Regards MR T .

The new North America map is 1.4 GB as opposed to the existing 1.2 GB...There are about 6 new English voices and the US satelitte imagery has been updated.

The TomTom app for the Gox10 is only 6.520, the current version I have is 6.522.

I haven't driven w/ the map yet, however it seems to find my home w/ more accuracy.

Hi berkisho,

Do you happen to remember when you placed your order? Did it take the full 3-4 weeks as advertised? I'm hoping it doesn't actually take that long. The fact that you received yours is good news indeed. Can't wait to hear your review, and I can't wait to get mine in the mail! :)

Battom,

The North america map is for the 910 (I assume) or other x10s w/ larger SD cards...their are an abundance of regional maps that are a lot smaller then 1.4GBs.

Here is a link to a zip file showing the contents of the disk including file sizes.

Attachments

• dvd_contents.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 462
Thanks for the info berkisho.

Wonder if I install the New England region if I'll have to buy an activation?

Sweet, thanks. I ordered on the 26th as well. Maybe mine will come this week! :)

My next question is, how are the POI? Better/worse/the same? I know the 910 has a category of "shops" that seemed to have disappeared on the ONE. The ONE simply had "shopping centres". I'm wondering if the POI have been improved as well. Thanks for any feedback!

The POIs don't seem to be any better...they seem pretty thin, the "shop" category especially.

I tend to use custom POIs for my needs anyway...

Fair enough, thanks for checking it out for me. I am also building my own custom POI files for this very reason. Thanks again for your reply!

The new North America map is 1.4 GB as opposed to the existing 1.2 GB...There are about 6 new English voices and the US satelitte imagery has been updated.

The TomTom app for the Gox10 is only 6.520, the current version I have is 6.522.

I haven't driven w/ the map yet, however it seems to find my home w/ more accuracy.
How come the 910 gets a 1.2GB North American map.. the map on the ONE is only 9xxMB.

If this one is larger, I"ll need a bigger SD card :)

I'm wondering this myself. I certainly hope they are the exact same map, including any POI data. I currently have a ONE and a 910 that I've ordered new maps for, so I can tell you if there are any differences once they arrive.

Fair enough, thanks for checking it out for me. I am also building my own custom POI files for this very reason. Thanks again for your reply!
I've built about 180 POI files (some with the help of a few of the guys on here) but have disabled them for the time being as many don't show up accurately (meaning the coordinates are off a bit in terms of where they show up on the map and where they really are - which is very annoying!). I'm hoping Google and Yahoo will update their databases with this new TeleAtlas data so I can go thru and update my POI files using My POI to get more accurate coordinates.

I've been using Google Earth to get accurate coordinates (placing my cursor over the actual location, grabbing the coordinates and updating my POI's when I find one that is "off") but this process is slow and very time consuming.

Bryan

Last edited:
How come the 910 gets a 1.2GB North American map.. the map on the ONE is only 9xxMB.

If this one is larger, I"ll need a bigger SD card :)

I believe the ONE came with a 1 gig card....the 9xxMB will fit on that 1GB card....I think that is why....

Just to let those who are interested know, I received both maps today (for my ONE and my 910) and they are exactly identical.

The only question I have is if I can install the "North America" map on my ONE instead of the "USA/Canada" map.

But as far as the actual DVDs, they are one and the same for both devices.

Ask a Question