1055 Map Released

Just thought I would amuse you (dhn in particular) ... Irrespective of the fact that it supposedly 'obsolete', TT continues to offer maps for my GO 740.

USA Map.jpg

Indeed Good news, Thomas. Your 540 has no provision for a memory card, but evidently is one that started out life with 4GB of memory. Your serial number starts with "RZ", correct? That's how you continue to get maps. The smaller memory (2GB) versions of the 540 (serials starting RW and RX) don't.

Unlike yours, my 2GB 740 Live (serial WR) is on the EOL hit list. I guess they changed their minds - and never updated the list - since I can slide a memory card into mine to make anything fit that I could possibly need.

The serial number starts with RX. I know I don't have 4GB of memory and this unit is on the EOL list. Tomtom keeps offering me a heavily discounted upgrade to a newer unit which I have taken advantage of but delivery is delayed until mid October.

Indeed, the "RX" has only 2GB of internal memory, and is on the EOL list. Go figure. Well, I won't tell if you don't!

Gotta wonder what map build they're still producing that will fit in 2GB! Or are you loading just sections of North America now? They used to offer that scheme so that there was at least something that would fit.
Always glad to hear some of the 2GB owners are still getting new maps.

Indeed, the "RX" has only 2GB of internal memory, and is on the EOL list. Go figure. Well, I won't tell if you don't!

Gotta wonder what map build they're still producing that will fit in 2GB! Or are you loading just sections of North America now? They used to offer that scheme so that there was at least something that would fit.
Always glad to hear some of the 2GB owners are still getting new maps.
I load the USA zone map. I'm also offered other choices but I prefer the USA. I've been getting zoned maps for a couple of years now.

Ask a Question