New Map

Oops, what I meant was the DVD is the same. In other words, it's the exact same DVD (and part number) for the ONE as for the 910.

:rolleyes: So they sent 2 DVDs instead of just lookig up your customer ID and sending two codes?

....we need a North American branch to open up for support and product accessories.....

:rolleyes: So they sent 2 DVDs instead of just lookig up your customer ID and sending two codes?

....we need a North American branch to open up for support and product accessories.....
From what I read, he means everything is on one DVD.

They did in fact send 2 dvds, shrinkwrapped with 2 separate product code cards inside each one.

Just wanted to let the group know that I got my new maps in the mail today. Just to make sure I was doing everything correctly, I called TomTom and had to wait about 40 minutes to get through. I was told to delete the North America maps on my TomTom before installing the new North America maps. I did what he said and everything seems to be working fine. I even went out to a road that wasn't on the old map and it showed up on the new version. If you want to still have a copy of your favorites on your new maps, you need to go into your old maps on your TomTom and make a backup copy of a file called MapSettings.cfg thats located in your North America folder. Once you have installed the new maps onto your TomTom, copy the backup copy of MapSettings.cfg into your new North America folder and you will have all of your old favorites. New maps were worth the wait.

This is strange, because I too have a 910 that I installed the new maps on, and my favorites and even my home location went untouched. I didn't have to put them back on my unit at all.

I got my DVD today too... gotta love the 4 PICTURE "manual" they provide on how to do this....

Good thing I have confidence in myself to mess this up...

I laughed at that, too. I was looking all over for some kind of documentation. The pictures are all you get. :)

Hey, have you installed yet? Which map did you choose on your ONE? I still haven't updated maps on my ONE yet. I thought I had a 2g card lying around, but couldn't find it today.

Installing the "new" tomtom app 8.0MB
and the USA and Canada map which is 896.4MB from my origional 914.0MB

.....i'm worried

That is strange. Not sure why it's smaller. Everyone who's tried the new maps are all consistently saying they are much better... I am very curious about the version of the app it's installing, though!

Zero erros during install.

All I did was a full backup, though HOME asks you to do this anyway so I dind't have to do it manualy... but glad I did.

App version is still 6.520
Map version is 665.1293

(shops poi missing) ...not sure I ever had it though?

Size of App is 7.8MB on the TomTom but in home (left pane) it says 8.0MB ??? hhmmm
Size of NEW "updated" map is 896.4MB down from 914.0MB. Curious.

Though now I have 24.4MB free on my 1GB SD card with:
Suntime v1.3
Event_Logger 6.5
TripMaster 1.5
MobilNova 1.2.0.14 -which there appears to be a newer version out now?(+ 2 video files)

Last edited:
I don't think "shops" POI was ever there on the ONE, but it is on the 910. Interesting. That's why I'm wondering what would happen if I tried to put the North America map on my ONE as opposed to the USA/Canada.

I do have "Shopping Centers" on my one....
test a POI of Shops on your 910 ans Shopping Centers on your ONE....

see if you get the same place.

I've tested that. My local grocery store shows up under "shops" on the 910 but doesn't show up at all on my ONE.

I haven't tested anything yet... too busy making my edits to the manual page/link...

My battery was just about dead too. I'll let it charge tongiht and see if it's any better. There are a few roads here where it tells me to take the 3rd right to get onto the highway yet the on-ramp is just across the intersection I'm facing. And another spot in town where it thinks a parking lot is a road and I should turn right into it then right again to get on the road I need.... (happens to be where the town Post Office is, right on the corner, but you can't turn right...there is a sidewalk with a big curb, there was never any access through there.)

Ask a Question