Address Lookup for New Map Update...

Internetpilot

TomTom Model(s)
GO700 (Updated)
Okay, I'll probably regret this in a couple of days, but if there is anyone out there who is holding off on updating their TomTom maps because they want to know if some address, new road, new construction, etc., has been included, feel free to post address lookup requests here (or via PM), and I'll be happy to take a screen snapshot and post it for you. If someone else who has the map update notices some requests sitting unanswered in this thread, please feel free to join in and help! ;) I'll try to check back here often enough to answer most of the requests as quickly as possible.

Fire away!

I want to know if they've fixed the shopping centres. West Edmonton Mall isn't even on my map! Neither is Seattle Premium Outlets.

I found West Emdonton Mall! Here's how I did it:

Advanced planning. Starting point POI in city, city is Edmonton AB. Then I chose any POI so that it allowed me to spell what I was looking for. I spelled mall and a long list came up, of which West Edmonton Mall, West Edmonton Mall Police, West Edmonton Inn, West Edmonton Medical Center, etc came up.

So this is new then, yes? Gives me hope that they did in fact add some POI data.

Edit: You're not going to believe this.... but I noticed the icon next to the mall. It's one I wasn't familiar with. It wasn't the one for shops or even shopping center, like one would think. It was some blue blob thing. So I went through all of my POI categories looking for it, and guess what it is!!!!! West Edmonton Mall is under the POI category of DENTIST! Um, just like it's supposed to be, I'm sure. LOL :)

Last edited:
My home address is not on a map... help

Hello.... so here goes... I am using Navigation6 on my palm 650..
I activated and was ready to go.. start by entering city, then I go to enter my street and it doesn't exist..
I went to tomtom to check if I have a current map... and it is.. so what do I do??

My address is the following:

1106 Carrick Cres
Regina, Saskatcewan, Canada
S4N 7R5

can someone help me?? I'm now just stuck at home!! haha

I tried to find carrick cres and was not successful, and I'm using the newest 6.65 maps. How new is your address?

I tried to find carrick cres and was not successful, and I'm using the newest 6.65 maps. How new is your address?

Hello.. the street itself if over a year old.. approx a year and a half..

the closest that I can be is at the corner of Degelman and McVeety..
When I bypass the start up and just use GPS to find where I am, it says I'm on Degelman Drive.. so I have set the corner of Degelman Drive and McVeety Drive as my HOME as I'm only 2 houses from the corner.. is this ok?

Advanced planning. Starting point POI in city, city is Edmonton AB. Then I chose any POI so that it allowed me to spell what I was looking for. I spelled mall and a long list came up, of which West Edmonton Mall, West Edmonton Mall Police, West Edmonton Inn, West Edmonton Medical Center, etc came up.

So this is new then, yes? Gives me hope that they did in fact add some POI data.

Edit: You're not going to believe this.... but I noticed the icon next to the mall. It's one I wasn't familiar with. It wasn't the one for shops or even shopping center, like one would think. It was some blue blob thing. So I went through all of my POI categories looking for it, and guess what it is!!!!! West Edmonton Mall is under the POI category of DENTIST! Um, just like it's supposed to be, I'm sure. LOL :)
Thanks!

It's an upgrade from mine that's for sure. Apparently the older maps on the x10 had West Edmonton Mall but the 660.1215 version on the ONE does NOT have that mall. I only had West Ed Mall police lol.

So for me, it's an upgrade. Thanks for checking!

I still haven't put the new maps on my ONE, so when I checked this it was on my 910. I will check on this again when I install the new maps on my ONE. I hope it's on there, because if not, I suspect many other POI are missing from the ONE that are on the 910. Might be another reason to keep the 910 instead of the ONE!

I still haven't put the new maps on my ONE, so when I checked this it was on my 910. I will check on this again when I install the new maps on my ONE. I hope it's on there, because if not, I suspect many other POI are missing from the ONE that are on the 910. Might be another reason to keep the 910 instead of the ONE!
sure thing!

Ok, I just checked on my ONE and it's not on there. In fact, there is no category of dentist on the one. But I tried every other way, too and couldn't find it. Just the police that you already found. Bummer! That's why I'm hoping to install the North America map on the ONE once I get a larger SD card to see if those POI are there...

Ok, I just checked on my ONE and it's not on there. In fact, there is no category of dentist on the one. But I tried every other way, too and couldn't find it. Just the police that you already found. Bummer! That's why I'm hoping to install the North America map on the ONE once I get a larger SD card to see if those POI are there...
So west edmonton mall, the biggest mall in Canada (world?) still isn't on the new ONE maps?!?!?

what the h***?

Looking at the new map I just installed on my ONE, the 665.1293. I found this mall on the 910, interestingly enough under the category of 'dentist'. What I did to find it on the 910 was go to advanced planning ->depart from POI in city-> edmonton->any POI category->spelled "mall" and the TT found it. The ONE does not have it.

that blu blob looks like Police not dentist. I found the mall no prob on the new maps. From here it's 2779 Miles (which I would have to convert to kilometers once I hit Niagara Falls....) 52:19 hours, no conversion nessecary unless I can figure out a way to have my ONE pickup speed cameras. :)

Last edited:
Were you browsing the map or did you search under POI? How did you find it? Glad it's there, in any case.

Looking at the new map I just installed on my ONE, the 665.1293. I found this mall on the 910, interestingly enough under the category of 'dentist'. What I did to find it on the 910 was go to advanced planning ->depart from POI in city-> edmonton->any POI category->spelled "mall" and the TT found it. The ONE does not have it.

Oh man... too many PMs popping up I lost the window that had how I did it. Gotta try again. hold on....

Were you browsing the map or did you search under POI? How did you find it? Glad it's there, in any case.
By POI standby and let me redo so I can give Nextourer instructions.... ;)

choose:

1) Elevator music

2) Jepoardy Theme music

Sorry I did have it once by POI lookup but not mall or shopping center.

This it though?

westedmontonmall.jpg

well i don't have the new maps yet... I was just wondering if anyone with the ONE could check if the mall itself (not the police station or any other POI in the mall) is there. I mean there are other things that are missing from mine but I used West Ed Mall cause I figured most people would know it haha.

Ask a Question