Can’t get it to ask me for rout choice when putting a address.

TomTom Model(s)
Tomtom via 52
Just bought a VIA 52. I can’t get it to ask me which route to take every time I put a address in, I have to go into settings & manually change it every time, yet there is a choice you can click on that says ask me every time for rout choice eg short , long,quickest. It highlights when you click on it, but I never get a choice when I put a address in.

Ad

Advertisements

canderson

TomTom Model(s)
GO720, GO740TM Live, GO 1535 Live, Via 1535, Via 1605, GO 52, GO 600, GO 620, GO 630, TomTom Bridge
I think there may be some confusion about the configuration.

I think this is what you are talking about:

When a faster route is available

If a faster route found while you are driving, TomTom Traffic can replan your journey to use the faster route. Select from the following options:
  • Always take the fastest route - the fastest route will always be chosen for you.
  • Ask me so I can choose - you will be asked if you want to take the faster route. You can manually select the faster route or you can select the route by steering towards it.
  • Don't ask me - your device will not find faster routes for you.
That option causes the device to ask you whether you are interested in a faster route if it finds one while you are driving.

Looking at what kind of route you wish to plan doesn't have an 'ask me every time' sort of option:

Always plan this type of route
The types of route you can choose from are as follows:
  • Fastest route - the route which takes the least time.
  • Shortest route - the shortest distance between the locations you set. This may not be the quickest route, especially if the shortest route is through a town or city.
  • Most eco-friendly route - the most fuel-efficient route for your journey.
  • Winding route - the route with the most turns. Note: Winding route is not available on all TomTom navigation devices or apps.
  • Avoid motorways - this type of route avoids all motorways.
  • Walking route - a route designed for making the journey on foot.
  • Bicycle route - a route designed for making the journey on a bicycle.

Let us know if your device looks different from this.

Ask a Question