New map not showing available

Keep us posted on your progress. You don't say exactly which "alternative" model Halfords gave you, but you did previously mention the 125.

There are several different builds of the 125, all with 4GB of memory. I'd be curious to know which one (first two digits of serial number) yours turns out to be, whether you have more than the UK map on it as delivered, and what North American map you wind up with (size).

Sorry, I got the Via 125 with UK, ROI, & Western Europe. Doesn't have the Live functions, but I'm not too fussed about that anyway.

Serial number begins BN

OK. With the full W.E. map on there as well, you'll probably still need to do some swapping around of maps on and off the server to fit a North American map. The N.A. map will fit concurrently with the much smaller UK/ROI map, though. We're still under 2GB here for North America for our "full" version. I hear that the large European map is up to just over 3GB now. It will be interesting to see which N.A. map is offered for the 125.

Everything is now up and running. Canada / Alaska maps are now on my new device along with Western Europe.

Thanks guys for all the support and help

Allan

I kept reading "Canada/Alaska" and seeing "North America". I forgot that they also sell the map of only the frozen north, and it's a LOT smaller than the full "North America" map set.

Very glad to hear you finally got all of this straightened out, and even happier that you have a 4GB unit that won't have you swapping pieces of Europe on and off all the time as is the case for the 2GB units.

I kept reading "Canada/Alaska" and seeing "North America". I forgot that they also sell the map of only the frozen north, and it's a LOT smaller than the full "North America" map set..

Yeah I figured I had no need for the full North America maps plus they were more expensive, and as I'm going to Canada in June (Ottawa) that was the best option really.

Cheers mate :thumb:

Ask a Question